Email Opt-In at Checkout - WooCommerce

• 24 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Active Contributor II
  • 19 replies

Hello,

We use WooCommerce and have integrated Klaviyo with the below option selected to convert customers to subscribers during checkout. Is there flexibility to reposition this checkbox to where we want in our checkout journey?

Enable customers to opt-in to email marketing via WooCommerce during checkout or with a WooCommerce footer form.

✅Collect email subscribers

As we’re based in the UK we require to be GDPR complaint by law. When a customer checks this box to subscribe, is there a way for Klaviyo to populate the $consent property to assign the email value as currently it doesn’t show that in the customer profile. Only a consent status with a green tick mark but not detailing what the customer has consented to?

Many thanks!

Michael

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 25 February 2022, 00:48

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hello @MNgo,

Thanks for posting to the Community.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid not. You could try reaching out to WooCommerce support on this and seeing what they can do? I believe they should be able to assist with more information on the plug in. 

As for your second question, do you also collect SMS consent and is that not populating on your customer’s profile page? If not, then I don’t see what other information should be presented besides a Yes or No given that the only consent collected is for emails.

Thank you,

Alex