Solved

How best to turn your customers into affiliates

• 17 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

We have quite a large email list approx 500k with around 100k engaged profiles. We would like to grow our affiliate referral traffic and would like to email bloggers / content creators already within our list of customers. In effort to reduce the list for manual review I have removed all gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc emails from the list. Anyone else done this or have sugggestions?

icon

Best answer by David To 19 December 2022, 21:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @David To 

I can see the value in an outreach to full list. However on the flip side we dont wish to seem to be engineering our customers … However it may be worth adding a ‘Work with Us’ / ‘Affiliates’ block in each email in any case.

Sean

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @SeanMcC,

In my experience, sometimes its actually best to directly ask a larger group of your subscribers if they would be interested in signing up to your referral program. This way, not only would you be informing those who are influencers, but you can also build engagement by reaching out to future potential influencers.

However, I would also love to hear what strategies other Community members use to identify a select grouping of individuals like influencers in this scenario. 

David

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey @SeanMcC,

Great approach so far! To make it easier, there’s a number of referral and loyalty apps that directly integrate with Klaviyo. Such as Gatsby, Loyalty Lion, Smile.io, and Yotpo just to name a few. You can find others from our Integration Directory and filtering by loyalty and/or referral programs.  

You can also checkout several Community posts that have discussed this topic prior:

I hope this helps!

David

David

Thanks for the information. Gatbsy looks pretty good.

My question was slightly different however. I am interested in working out which of our current list are influencers (whereas Gatsby gives you the option to collect instrgram handles via pop up). Once we have the predicted influencers we can use that segment in an outreach flow to encourage sign up to our affiliate program..

Sean

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @SeanMcC,

Great approach so far! To make it easier, there’s a number of referral and loyalty apps that directly integrate with Klaviyo. Such as Gatsby, Loyalty Lion, Smile.io, and Yotpo just to name a few. You can find others from our Integration Directory and filtering by loyalty and/or referral programs.  

You can also checkout several Community posts that have discussed this topic prior:

I hope this helps!

David