Solved

How to delete event history and recipient records when deleting a profile?

• 4 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I want to delete a profile and wipe all of its data completely, so that the profile can come back as a completely new customer.

In the help docs, it says “When deleting, the profile’s event history as well as every recipient record associated with the profile will remain in Klaviyo.” Is there a way to delete all of those associated data?

The reason I want to do this is we have customers who leave and then return, repetitively. When they return they need to re-trigger a Flow, and the only way to re-trigger it is by cloning the Flow. If they leave and return 20 times, we will end up with 20 clones of the Flow.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 12 November 2021, 00:00

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

Thanks for your responses.

The reason we are asking this question is exactly as you’ve mentioned, we want to re-trigger a ‘Welcome Flow’ for returning customers.

We have a subscription box store, kind of like harrys.com and blueapron.com, where customers buy into a subscription plan. Customers may cancel their plan and then restart it for any reason; for example, because they went on vacation and are now back. When they restart the plan, we need to re-trigger a ‘Welcome’ series of emails, which contain important information about how things work that they may have forgotten about.

We read the guide on Customer Winback Flows. However we still don’t see a good solution. The guide on Winback Flows suggest to set a re-trigger and a another email within the same Flow. But that may only be used a few times, because we could only build a finite number of steps in a Flow. Our customers might cancel and restart their plan many times. So for scalability, we want to build a ‘Welcome’ Flow that can be re-triggered an infinite number of times. It would be best if there was a ‘loop’ function in the Flow so customers who restart can be put back to the beginning of the Flow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @mendelspeas

Thanks for that additional info! 

I would suggest taking a look at our Server-Side Metrics as you can create metrics like ‘Started Subscription’ and can then create a flow that can re-trigger multiple times. You could then create  conditional splits to personalize the customer experience and whether or not they’re a first time customer or repeat subscriber etc. 

I’d suggest checking out these other conversations by fellow users about subscription metrics that could help! 

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

-Taylor 

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi Mendel, I don’t have an answer to this question.. however, I’m very curious, what type of business is this that customers leave your list and come back repeatedly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @mendelspeas

Thanks for sharing your question with us and welcome to the Community! 

Do you mind sharing a little more behind what you mean by ‘leave and come back’ as @Mailbox Manny asked? What is the amount of time that the customer ‘has left’ before coming back? Are you wanting a customer to re-trigger a ‘Welcome Flow’ for instance? We do have other options of metric-triggered flows such as Customer Winback Flows that are meant to reengage lapsed customers and can be re-triggered multiple times in one singular flow. You can delete a profile, even though we highly disagree with this action, and their email address will be gone from your account. However things such as ‘placed orders’ and other things attributing to revenue in your account will remain. 

Additionally, you could create a custom flow for this purpose that triggers when a customer comes to your site and triggers the Active on Site’ metric, yet add a Flow Filter that the customer hasn’t triggered this metric, meaning been to the site, in ____ days. 

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

-Taylor