Solved

How to manage Subscription Preference inputs?

• 1 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
  • Contributor II
  • 3 replies

Hello all, 

Giving customers options to choose their preference vs unsubscribe totally is great! But how do I set this up?  When a customer choses a distribution preference, how can I get him assigned in a new/corresponding segment so I am able to manage him differently than the core list or the unsubscribed list?

Example: I set up the following preference form: 

How do I create a new segment for the ones who chose bi-weekly or sales only vs unsubscribe?

Thank you for your feedback

Phil

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 2 December 2021, 19:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @phil 

When you click on the preferences page for a given list, you will notice that there isn't an "Add Fields" section. This is because the preferences page for a list mirrors the subscribe page. So, to edit the preferences page, you must first edit the subscribe page.

When someone first signs up, you will want to collect as much information as possible without impeding their likelihood to complete the form since some subscribers may never decide to update their preferences. Any fields you'd like to appear on your preferences page must be added directly to the list's subscribe page first. Once you have done this it, these options will be added to your preferences page for you list and therefor when a customer updates their preferences it becomes a custom profile properties that you can use as the segment definition. 

Badge +2

Hey Stephen, I use the Klaviyo-Shopify integration. However I manage all my lists in Klaviyo, so I guess the set up should be managed in Klaviyo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @phil 

What integration do you use for your website?