Solved

Klaviyo + Shopify tag integration

• 29 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi!

I’m trying to figure out how to export a list from Klaviyo into Shopify in order to tag the customers. I know I can do it the reverse way into Klaviyo.

Is it possible to do it in reverse?

For example, I’m trying to update all the profiles in my Shopify customer list with the custom field from a klaviyo segment: Tag: Club level = Member
If I do this as a csv and import it into Shopify it just makes new customers without updating the current ones. 

Thanks,
Michael

icon

Best answer by Dov 29 July 2021, 16:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hey everyone,

Yes what Dov recommended works well. 

I exported the CSV file and with the correct header: Tags  I could add ____ to all the customers. 

Now I can use our Cratejoy CSV files and easily import them into Klaviyo/Shopify in order to give automatic discounts to those customers.

So glad!

Cheers

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Dov 

Thanks so much - I’ll try and implement that later today and give an update here with a walkthrough if it works. Otherwise I’ll get in contact with their support.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @Michael,

Thanks for sharing this question with the Klaviyo Community.

I did some digging and found the required format for .csv imports for Shopify. After reviewing, it appears if you re-format the column header from the Klaviyo exported .csv file to “Tags” (as they outline in their documentation for required formatting of the .csv) my assumption is that Shopify would “recognize” Tags and use that to update the original customer record -- associating it with the user’s email address.

I believe the current reason it is creating a net-new record is because the default Klaviyo .csv file is using another column header that isn’t “Tags”, and as a result, upon import, this net-new tag is created for the new customer record instead of updating the original customer record.

If this still doesn’t resolve the issue, I encourage you to contact Shopify support for more information since this question pertains to Shopify .csv import functionality. If they do have a different solution, it would be great if you could provide us with an update here on the thread so we can share this knowledge as I’m sure others will have similar questions as well!

Thanks for being a member of our Community.