Solved

Mailchimp groups - Where to put them in Klaviyo

• 16 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hey all,

So trying to figure this out.  I’m a bit confused about lists and segments and how they relate to Mailchimp groups.

When a subscriber signs up for my mailing list, they have three different groups they can sign up for: Oracle, DnD, and Art Collector.  It doesn’t look like there is a way to import the groups into Klaviyo so that means that I’ll have to manually do it. 

However, I don’t see any way to represent the group information. I tried going to the profile and creating a custom property called “Interests” but that only allows me to set one interest.  In my case, they may sign up for one, two or three groups.

The only thing that I see would be to have three different lists but that means that their email is in there multiple times. If I do that, that also means that I have to create another list that has everybody in it.

Is there a better way to do this?

Dougie

icon

Best answer by David To 17 March 2022, 15:57

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Thanks for the response.  I did check out the link for Mailchimp to Klaviyo and was able to import my tags. It was the groups that I couldn’t import.  I’ll look to see how I can manually set up the data as tags.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @DougHoppes,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

MailChimp Groups are most similar to Klaviyo Segments where the MailChimp Tags for those groups would be considered custom profile properties in Klaviyo. If you haven’t already, I think taking a look at our Guide to Migrating from Mailchimp Help Center article would be helpful.

As mentioned in the Import Mailchimp Tags into Klaviyo section, not only can you export those MailChimp tags as a .CSV, but you can also import them into Klaviyo as custom profile properties. Custom profile properties in Klaviyo can accept multiple values so long as the values are being recorded as a List data type

I’ve also included some Community post below that discuss a similar topic that I think you may find useful:

I hope this helps!

David