Solved

Recover deleted list

• 4 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I have accidentally deleted my main list and I am freaking out.  Is there anyway to recover this list please?

EDIT: I managed to re-create it using profile properties so I’m calmer now.  I still have the question on how to recover deleted lists if this happens in future?

icon

Best answer by retention 4 September 2021, 03:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Shalia,

Happy to hear you were able to recreate your list! Also, thank you @retention for those insights and suggestions!

Although you don’t have the ability to recover a deleted list, our wonderful Klaviyo Support members actually have the ability to do so on your behalf! If you’ve accidentally deleted a list or even a segment, I would suggest reaching out to Klaviyo Support and letting our team members know you are trying to recover a deleted list or segment with the name of the list or segment and the approximate date it was deleted in order to recover it in your account. Bonus points if you can include your Klaviyo Account ID/Public Site ID to make looking up your account easier too. 

I hope you have a great day!

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@Shalia - Gad that you were able to recover!  To my knowledge, I don’t think you can technically recover a List that was deleted.  You can recreate the List, and then manually repopulate them. However, as you’ve found, the profiles of members of a Deleted List are still in Klaviyo (Unless you use the Klaviyo Maintenance process to Delete Profiles).  

So in a bit of a coy answer, maybe there’s no real reason to Delete Lists - keep then around forever. Klaviyo doesn’t charge for having multiple Lists (only the amount of Profiles and Volume of Emails Sent).  In other words, if you have 100 unique Profiles, and they are in 10 different Lists, you are still charged for 100 Profile even if some Profiles are in multiple Lists. 

Additionally, you can build Segments of your List, so you don’t really need to modify your Main List at all.  If you need a temporary audience, a sample of the audience, or a Segment based on certain events or custom properties of that audience, the best practice is to create a Segment from that List.  Unused Segments automatically get Archived after some time so it does help to de-clutter the amount of Segments and Lists.

Hope this helps!