Solved

Redacted Subscribers?

• 15 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Apologies if this is already on the forum somewhere...I’ve searched “redacted” and none of the articles seem to share this issue…

I’ve set up our first automation in Klaviyo and we are successfully “live” and gaining new subscribers.

However, I see multiple entries of this type in my Subscriber List:

redacted.99b65a0a-7adf-4be3-8271-fafaadeb76a2@example.com

My thoughts are this...they are either “tests” that we performed prior to going live (I removed multiple test emails and profiles from the database prior to going live), or maybe they are bots? Or something else?

Having them in the list is messing with the analytics, and I’d like to know what they are and how to remove them if possible.

Thank you for any help you may be able to offer!

Ed

icon

Best answer by retention 15 February 2021, 17:52

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @LOHN,

Deleting a profile will completely erase the profile from your account and no history of it will be kept. This is a permanent action. 

I would suggest checking out our How to delete, merge, and export a profile Help Center article to learn more on this and how it differs from deleting a profile per GDPR compliance. 

David

Badge

Is it possible to find the actual email that was deleted if you didn’t check off the “This profile requested to be deleted per GDPR compliance”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

This is really helpful, thank you Joseph!

I wasn’t aware of GDPR and CCPA requests, so that’s very informative as well.

I truly appreciate your help!

Ed

Glad to help!

Badge +2

This is really helpful, thank you Joseph!

I wasn’t aware of GDPR and CCPA requests, so that’s very informative as well.

I truly appreciate your help!

Ed

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@HushBuddy Hi,

Nothing to worry about. Those profiles that you’re seeing are profiles that have been deleted from your account. For example, if someone receives an email from a Flow, and then you delete that profile, then you go into the Flow’s history of sent emails, instead of the actual email address for the deleted profile, you will see the “redacted.123123123@example.com”.

You can find more information about it here:

How to Handle GDPR and CCPA Requests

Hope this helps!