Solved

registration form responses to different lists/segments

Hello Klaviyo team.

I have a Registration Form inserted in my website and I want to differentiate the answers of my potential clients in different lists or segments.

Can this be done?

For example: I want to have a list/segment with only the customers that DO have a website versus another list/segment with only the customers that DO NOT have a website

Web Site: https://agenciaindependiente.cl/a/pf_preview?id=a77cca0b-3b36-4688-bbfc-c0d9045f0659

PW: 1212

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 3 June 2022, 04:23

View original

4 replies

Hey @Nicolas Aguilera 

So happy you are starting to get the hang out segmentation! In my response i shared that the values will not show in the drop down options until they are already on at least 1 profile. One way to do this is to have fill out the signup form 3 times, once for each of your properties. This adds the property to a profile which is what needs to happen before it will appear in the drop down menu. You can create a test profile and use the same email address but add +1 and +2 (the number itself does not matter) to create aliases that will allow the form to submit to the same test profile so you don’t add inaccurate data to other profiles. So let’s say the first form you use a test email address nic.ag@domain.com (just as an example). The second signup form you would use nic.ag+1@domain.com and the third signup form would be nic.eg+2@domain.com. Each time select a different property to add. Once these are complete go back into your segment builder and they should be in the drop down menu. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much friend, it helped me a lot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Nicolas Aguilera 

So happy you are starting to get the hang of segmentation! In my response i shared that the values will not show in the drop down options until they are already on at least 1 profile. One way to do this is to have fill out the signup form 3 times, once for each of your properties. This adds the property to a profile which is what needs to happen before it will appear in the drop down menu. You can create a test profile and use the same email address but add +1 and +2 (the number itself does not matter) to create aliases that will allow the form to submit to the same test profile so you don’t add inaccurate data to other profiles. So let’s say the first form you use a test email address nic.ag@domain.com (just as an example). The second signup form you would use nic.ag+1@domain.com and the third signup form would be nic.eg+2@domain.com. Each time select a different property to add. Once these are complete go back into your segment builder and they should be in the drop down menu. 

Hope this helps!

Hey @Nicolas Aguilera 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! Happy to help.

From your signup form, the options your customers can select from are added to their profiles as a profile property. You can use these properties to create segments from the signup forms list. By creating segment conditions, you can narrow down who to include or exclude from your segment. One thing to keep in mind before you get started, the custom properties first has to exist on a customer profile before they'll appear in the segment drop-down option. So if zero profiles have the properties from the signup form, the property won't show in the segment builder until it is added to at least one profile. Once the property has been add to a profile builder you can head to your list and segment tab and click to create a new segment. Once in the segment builder, choose Properties about someone, then from the drop down menus select Facebook Ads as the dimension, and then one of the profile properties from your signup form. This will segment all of your profiles that contain each property for you to use for campaign sends or in flows!

Also check out these other community post that talk about using custom profile properties to create dynamic segments: 

Hope this helps!

Hi @stephen.trumble

Thanks for your answer. It helped me a lot and I have things much clearer.

Now, following your steps, I find that it doesn't show me all the alternatives that are in the form. It only seems to me "Si, pero no tengo Shopify" (option B) and “Si y ya tengo Shopify” and “No por el momento”  (option A and C are missing).

Any advice on that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Nicolas Aguilera 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! Happy to help.

From your signup form, the options your customers can select from are added to their profiles as a profile property. You can use these properties to create segments from the signup forms list. By creating segment conditions, you can narrow down who to include or exclude from your segment. One thing to keep in mind before you get started, the custom properties first has to exist on a customer profile before they'll appear in the segment drop-down option. So if zero profiles have the properties from the signup form, the property won't show in the segment builder until it is added to at least one profile. Once the property has been add to a profile, you can head to your list and segment tab and click to create a new segment. Once in the segment builder, choose Properties about someone, then from the drop down menus select Facebook Ads as the dimension, and then one of the profile properties from your signup form. This will segment all of your profiles that contain each property for you to use for campaign sends or in flows!

Also check out these other community post that talk about using custom profile properties to create dynamic segments: 

Hope this helps!