Solved

Segment Builder: Targeting multiple properties at once (SKUs, etc.)

• 14 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

Sometimes, I want to target several SKUs at one time, but it takes a really long time to repeat the same process for each SKU.

Is there a way to input multiple properties at once? (I tried a comma, but it didn’t work)

Ex. I want to target people who’ve viewed at least 1 of 20 SKUs on our site in the last 30 days. To accomplish this, I would need to:

• What someone has done (or not done)
  • Has Viewed Product → at least once → in the last → 30 → days
  • where Product SKU equals [SKU]

Then I would have to repeat 20 times.

• Would be great if we can copy the above so at least don’t have to redo all the steps again
  • Better if we can just separate inputs with a comma, or semicolon…

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by retention 14 June 2022, 21:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Bliad 

Welcome! Thanks for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community for help with your segments!

The suggestion @retention made is exactly what I would suggest. Let us know how it goes! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @Bliad - welcome to the community!

I run into this issue all the time when I’m trying to build segments on a group of products (SKUs) all the time. Unfortunately, as far as I know, there’s not shorthand to group a bundle of SKUs without selecting it one at a time with OR statements.  

I’m not sure which ecommerce platform you’re on, but if you’re on Shopify, you can group products into a Collection with Shopify Tags (using a Smart Collection by Tags) or manually adding items to a Collection.  If you use Tags to generate a Smart Collection, then you simply add that Tag to each of the 20 products you want in Shopify’s admin.  Once done, then you can create a Segment:

Viewed Product Where Categories contains Category-Name

While this won’t help for pre-existing data since that Category hasn’t been created yet, it might be worth considering to setup moving forward.  In Shopify, you can create unlimited Collections (Categories) and use them for internal grouping purposes even if you don’t intend on showing it on the site.

Hope this helps!