Solved

Segment or filter against "First Page" property

• 16 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
  • Problem Solver I
  • 4 replies

One of the properties Klaviyo stores for a user profile is the first URL the user visited as “First Page.” What’s strange, however, is we cannot filter by this property or create segments that lookup this property. 

Anyone know why? Seems like a missing feature. 

icon

Best answer by cfen 18 April 2022, 17:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @cesvi87,

Thanks for your message.

While this feature is on the radar of our product team, there are no immediate plans to build it out. This is because we have an extensive roadmap with a number exciting feature releases planned for this year to improve your experience using Klaviyo.

As an alternative, you may want to look into creating separate accounts to accommodate multiple languages. There is a community thread which speaks to this below:

It’s also worth having a discussion with your ecommerce merchant on the ability to modify your default checkout page to include a language input field. Or look into using a 3rd party checkout that captures language information as a separate custom property which you could then segment on.

I hope that’s helpful and thanks for being a community member.

Badge +1

Most of my users, doesn’t register to newsletter through a popup, they just purchase a product and select at checkout “register to newsletter” check, so there’s no way to know from which language they’re visiting my website.

First Page attribute could help us a lot to segment my users in base of its language. Is this a feature that’s going to be implemented any day? How can I segment my users if not?

Kind regards

Badge +2

Appreciate your response, @Dov. We are trying to tie the “First Page” attribute into our abandoned cart flow, so the other ideas you mentioned don’t quote fit. I guess we’ll consider this a dead end.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @cfen,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

Unfortunately we’re not able to segment off of “First Page” directly. However, there are a few alternatives. For one, you can add a snippet of code to track Viewed Page and segment your audience based on this metric.

Alternatively, you can customize the signup source of your forms, (for legacy forms) so you can know where these users are coming from. Similarly, if you’re using our “regular” sign-up forms you can achieve this by submitting a hidden field using the form’s submit button. We have a great guide on how to achieve that here. In short, you would click on the CTA button of your form and add a net-new “hidden field” for URL (screenshot below for reference).

I hope that’s helpful and thanks for being a member of our community.