Solved

Send acknowledgment email to user added via API

• 11 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi

We have built an integration with OneTrust and since there’s no webhook feature in Klaviyo we are using OneTrust to collect subscriptions and then send users to Klaviyo via APIs.

Everything works fine, just depending on the collection point used to collect data OneTrust has capability to send or not the final acknowledgment email with record of consent.

Is there a way to send these emails from Klaviyo also for users added to Profiles via API?

Thank you

fabrizio

icon

Best answer by Dov 12 November 2021, 16:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @efferre68,

Thanks for sharing this question with the community.

If I understand your question correctly, you’re asking if Klaviyo can send a “final acknowledgement” email to users who were added to Klaviyo’s “Profiles” tab via the API? If that is the case, the answer is yes. There are a few different ways to achieve this. The first is to use our Lists & Segments API to add all of these users to a list. You can add them to the list without consent using the members endpoint. Or you can add them to the list with consent already included using the subscribe endpoint. Next, create a list-triggered flow and add the final acknowledgement email to that flow. So in effect, anyone who joins that list, will receive that email. 

Alternatively, within the payload of the API call, you can include an additional property, for example $source = OneTrust. Then, build a segment like the following: Properties about someone > $source = OneTrust. Then, create a segment-triggered flow based on that property including the final acknowledgement email. Anyone who joins that segment, will receive that email. 

I hope this helps answer the question. If I misunderstood, please feel free to clarify. 

Badge +2

hi @Dov ,

thank you for reply, think the flow build is answer to the need.

I was only implementing connection and therefore looking at API documentation, but seen that team assigned to actul implementation of emailing, campaigns and so on within Klaviyo had already set some flows so will add this requirement to their list :slight_smile: