Solved

Shopify Newsletter Subscribers are not syncing to Klaviyo List

• 20 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi there,

I fully integrated my shopify store to my klaviyo account via the klaviyo app. I also managed to add customers emails via the landing page. Until here everything works fine. 

BUT, those customers who accept email marketing via the checkout are not syncing up to my email list eventhough I have it set up like this. 

I assume that it has something to do with this code snippet that I have to implement into my code:

<input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter">

Which is no problem normally but I have no idea where to implemented exactly. Is there a tutorial or something similar to follow?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by mike.hoang 20 November 2020, 20:33

View original

6 replies

Badge +1

Hey @mike.hoang,

thanks for the quick answer. I just found this in the Klaviyo help center: 

On the other hand, if someone is added to your newsletter list by clicking the "Subscribe to Newsletter" box upon checkout, they will not get queued up for your welcome series flow.

This is a default setting for checkouts because typically a welcome series is designed for new customers/visitors. Someone could check this email subscription box for the first time during their 100th purchase, which would mean it might not be appropriate for this person to get queued up for your welcome series. If you would like us to adjust this setting for your account, please contact our Success Team.

So there seems to be a way. I’ll get in touch with the success team to discuss this. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @flonomao,

Actually, nobody gets a DOI email if they accept marketing at checkout. The double opt-in email Is only sent if they sign up using forms (Klaviyo’s or Shopify’s or a third party).

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +1

Hey @mike.hoang

I’m also facing an issue with users that opt-in during the checkout.

What should happen is that checking the box during checkout should trigger a DOI mail and after confirming the DOI they should be added to the Newsletter list. 

The custom properties get set correctly but how do I get Klaviyo to send out that DOI mail?

Looking forward to some guidance. 

Best

Florian

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi there,

Your signup form exists as a code within your theme. Once you locate that code, you’ll want to add our code snippet to it. A form input group will look something like this: <form> code here </form>. Your form should likely live under the footer.liquid theme but it may be beneficial to reach out to Shopify’s support team to help you locate exactly where it is.

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +2

Hi there,

If you are using a Shopify form, then you’ll want to integrate it to Klaviyo by following this guide. The hidden input tag, <input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter"> should live within your form’s input group. 

Thanks for your answer!

What exactly do you mean with “form’s input group”? Is that a template/section on my theme code? If yes, what is it called in most theme? I am using the Prestige Theme, if that helps.

Additionally, if you are looking to sync customers who accept marketing at checkout into your Klaviyo list, you’ll have to do this within Klaviyo. Under your Integrations tab, you’ll want to select your Shopify integration and then you’ll notice a checkbox that will route customers at checkout to a defined list:

I have already done this. I think my settings are fine. Thats why I assume there is something missing in my theme code.

Thanks for your help!

I hope that helps!
Mike

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi there,

If you are using a Shopify form, then you’ll want to integrate it to Klaviyo by following this guide. The hidden input tag, <input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter"> should live within your form’s input group. 

Additionally, if you are looking to sync customers who accept marketing at checkout into your Klaviyo list, you’ll have to do this within Klaviyo. Under your Integrations tab, you’ll want to select your Shopify integration and then you’ll notice a checkbox that will route customers at checkout to a defined list:

I hope that helps!
Mike