Solved

Should I Add Birthdays to Profiles in A Welcome Flow through a Preference Page or Signup Form?

• 24 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi all,

I’m currently creating a welcome series as a ‘we want to get to know you’ e-mail. This e-mail should either lead to the preferences page where they will add additional information (interests, etc.), but also their birthday.

I know that a date field isn’t possible within the preferences page, so it got me wondering: How would I go about letting people who just subscribed to enter their birthdate? Would I send them to a sign-up form and would their e-mail already be pre-filled? To me this doesn’t make any sense as they’re already subscribed and will see another sign-up form right?

Hoping to get some answers on this.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Leon

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 24 September 2021, 19:21

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Veilig

Welcome to the Community! This is a great question to ask, as it’s best practice to to collect information from your subscribers to give them the most personalized experience possible! 

While you are correct, a Date Property  isn’t an up-front option to insert in the ‘Manage Preferences’ Page, there is still a way to Collect Customer's Birthdays through a Preference Page! It is imperative for any date data type to be formatted in a certain way to be recognized in Klaviyo. To update your Preference Page to collect birthdays, I suggest adding a ‘Text Field’ that would supply the necessary format needed for Klaviyo to recognize the birthday data correctly, included pre-filled text to ensure the information is inputted correctly by your subscribers, as seen below. The Property will need to be formatted MM/DD/YYYY to be recognized successfully. Don’t forget to Save the Field when you’re done! 

I would also suggest checking out these Community Posts to gain further insight form fellow users asking the same question! 

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

-Taylor