Solved

Subscribe to a list within an email

• 12 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi

I am building a waiting list for a new campaign launch. To get the maximum of sign ups, I would like to send an email to all my database to give them an option to sign up to the waiting list.

The desired flow here, is that when they receive the email to allow them to subscribe to the waiting list, they can simply click the button “Subscribe” from the email, and it will automatically add them to the list.

Once they have been added to the waiting list, they get redirected to a “Thank You” page.

Is this something possible?

Thanks

Vincent

icon

Best answer by Dov 12 January 2022, 22:29

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

@Cat J We’ve ran into this problem as well. There are actually ways to embed forms in email and Klaviyo supports some of them. For gmail users you can use the AMP framework, and for apple mail there are solutions as well.

Unfortunately it is really hard to implement either of these solutions without knowing how to edit the html directly, the Klaviyo editor doesn’t support them

There are some new companies that do interactivity in email natively. I think the leader in the space right now is Zaymo. They integrate with Klaviyo directly and let you embed interactive components like forms or shopping into your emails.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Vincent24,

Thanks for sharing this question with our community.

In short, since we cannot embed a form directly in the Klaviyo email nor directly add people to a list through a button click, the solution is to a) create a segment of active users, b) create a campaign + email containing a link to direct users to either a signup form housed on your website or to a list’s subscribe page c) send the campaign to these users. This process will also lead them to a “Thank you” (success) page by default.

So, first a campaign send to a segment (as opposed to a flow) would be better suited for your goal because it’s logistically easier to set-up, (won’t require backpopulation if users already exist in a list) and it will target all of the users at the same time and you can choose exactly when to dispatch this email.

Also, while it is possible to contact all active profiles in your account, when sending campaigns, I recommend you only send to engaged profiles or subscribers, to avoid being marked as spam and hurting your deliverability. Make sure your segment contains a prior list membership criteria (e.g., “If someone is in or not in a list > is in > [your list]”) or a property that they’ve previously accepted marketing i.e. OR properties about someone > accepts marketing = true. This will ensure you’re only contacting profiles who have explicitly opted in. Here’s an example of an engaged segment you would create and send your campaign to:

Both subscribers and profiles added through general engagement are eligible for certain flow emails. Some types of messaging, like abandoned cart flows, can serve as helpful reminders for recipients and are generally well-received. However, you should always keep in mind your local email compliance legislation and subscriber engagement.

Once you have this segment created, you’ll want to include a link within your email which would direct users to either a signup form housed on your website or to the list’s subscribe page. Then, you’re ready to send the campaign. Once they receive it and click on the link they will sign-up through that form. If you want them to be directly added to the list, you’ll also need to disable double opt-in. More details on that process with the sign-up forms/subscribe page in the thread below

Just make sure if you use the subscribe page option, that you use the subscribe page for the list you want the user to be added to.

I hope that helps and thanks for being a member of our community.

Is this still the case or has there been any updates to make this possible?

Userlevel 4
Badge +23

@Cat J Hey there! Functionality is still the same, so Dov’s solution above is the still the best one.