Solved

suppressed are only suppressed for email? - how to unsubscribe from email and SMS?

• 17 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

When suppressing  email subscribers -is only email is supporessed?
If they have consented to SMS - they will still receive SMS?

When removing SMS subscribers due to not engaging - this must be done manually?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 17 September 2021, 05:18

View original

3 replies

Badge +4

ahh no I tested and when suppress a profile it only suppressed email 

the SMS is still active and profile still exists. 

in documentation ot clearly states this

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @DarleenW 

Thank you so much for asking the Klaviyo Community about unsubscribe and suppressed profile!

When it comes to your customers subscribing to your marketing there is a difference between unsubscribing and suppressing the profile. You can customize a list’s unsubscribe page  to give your customers personalized content and allow them to unsubscribe from email only in your case. @Mailbox Manny is right, to unsubscribe from SMS within the US your customers can just text your opt-out language to your SMS number to unsubscribe. Also, check out these other Community Post about Active and Suppressed profiles:

Thank you for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hey, I’m still learning SMS myself, but I believe suppressing only applies to email.   The SMS consent seems to be done manually or by the subscriber texting STOP.

To ensure your suppressed subscribers don’t get SMS as well, you can create segments and filters that include SMS consent AND email is not suppressed.  So, something like this:

I’d be curious to see if that can be done automatically though (keep the data clean!)