Solved

What i the Difference between Profiles vs Subscribers?

• 22 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hey Klaviyo Community,

I am managing a new Klaviyo account which has 6000 profiles. But only 500+ subscribers. Just want to know why there is a huge number of profiles compared to subscribers?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 22 September 2021, 17:48

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @SherylEcomm

Welcome to the Community! We are happy to have you! 

This is a great question! In order to Understand Who is In Your Account, it is important to note that profiles are only ‘subscribers’ if they have chosen to ‘opt-in’ and want to receive marketing from your brand i.e. email messages. However, if profiles have not chosen to receive marketing via a signup form or consented at checkout, but have taken action on your website like ‘active on site’ or ‘placing an order’, these profiles will still be added to your account because they have taken some kind of action with your brand. 

I would recommend checking out conversations other users have had in the Community about the same thing to shed some more light on this topic! One of the great advantages of our Community! 

Additionally, you could create a Segment for users who have taken an action on your website, either visited your site in the past 30 or 60 days, purchased a product, or an action similar, yet have not ‘opted-in’ to receive marketing and create a Signup Form’s specific behavior to only show to this segment of users and give them another option to opt-in to receive information from you. 

While above might be one option of helping to turn profiles into subscriber, I would also recommend creating an Unengaged Segment to see if any of those ‘active profiles’ haven’t taken an action with your brand in a long time and should be Suppressed. It is best practice to regularly perform this action above, which is also known as  List Cleaning, because it clears out users who aren’t actually ‘active’ and gives you a more accurate idea of what’s happening in your account.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

-Taylor