Solved

Which Engagement Track segments to use?

• 10 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I have a query regarding Engagement Tracks and the Daily, Weekly and Monthly categorisation.

I’ve re-read this article 2 or 3 times:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037527052-How-to-Create-a-Sending-Schedule-Based-on-Email-Engagement

Do I make the decision to send daily, weekly or monthly and then set up the Tracks? Or do I have to set up Tracks A-E for every category? Then how do I use the track segments?

I'm confused...

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 13 December 2021, 12:35

View original

2 replies

Badge +3

Hi @stephen.trumble 

I followed the article as well and created engagement tracks A-E for Daily and Weekly senders to see what each segment would look like in size. From what I’ve seen, it seems that the list size should get larger as from A-E as the segments would include the less engaged profiles, however, for me they got smaller. 

Am I using the Apple Privacy equals False filter correctly to account for subscribers who have opened email zero times in the last X days?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @SteveH 

The segments you set up according to the article you shared in your original post will automatically choose who should be in which engagement track, i.e. all your customers who have high click and open rates will be in your most engaged segment and are the group that you can send content to everyday if you wanted to without potentially negatively impacting your deliverability. 

How often these different groups get emailed will still be up to you. But keep in mind you don't want to email your less engaged customers frequently, so their flow may only include a few emails that are separated with a time delay of at least 1 week. Knowing your customers will be the key to how you setup the actual flow, and how often you are sending them content.