Solved

Contact Form Submission Error: “An error occured when submitting. Please try again later.”

Badge +2

Hi,

I have integrated Klaviyo with my Shopify and Gempages site, and I have a form now successfully showing up on one of my pages.

However, when I go to submit the form I get the following error:

“An error occured when submitting. Please try again later.”

I have gone through the help page and double checked that the button is a “submit” button and that the list it is submitting to exists.​​​​​​​

Any help would be much appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Dov 30 July 2021, 15:02

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Rhyder,

Thank you for your question.

Typically this error is due to a plug-in or another application linked to your browser, or a temporary error that will go away on its own. Can you try submitting the form in a net-new browser and see if you have the same issue?

If so, I recommend cloning the form, re-publishing it to your site and try testing it again.

Thanks and please do let us know if you’re still having trouble after this.

Badge +2

Same thing here.  A customer told me she had the problem, I tried it on my computer and I have the same issue. I tried it on my phone, same issue.  I tried an incognito browser, same issue. I tried Edge, same issue.  This form was working fine for about a week or so.

We are experiencing this as well, it started a week or so ago, and I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps above but nothing changes, I just get the “An error occurred when submitting. Please try again later.” message. This is happening on www.workfromyourhappyplace.com  I’ve tried several browsers, and a couple of different computers to the same effect. We need to get this fixed!

Badge +1

same message on my form, just installed it - url redirecting not working and form takes a LOT of time to show up - please help

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Dee LT

Do you mind sharing if you’re still experiencing this? As well as sharing the URL this form is on so I can test as well?

-Taylor 

Badge +2

Check the sign up form is pointing to the right list. That was our issue. The lists were condensed and the main list renamed.

Badge +1

Has this been marked as resolved? Is it a config error or a wider Klaviyo issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @TheLastYuma 

Thank you for asking for clarity around this issue. As of now this looks like it is a configuration/communication issue between servers. Typically this can be solved by following the steps provided previously in this post. If you have tried all of these ideas and you are still experiencing the error, please contact Klaviyo Support as they will be able to look directly into your account and assess how to best solve the error for you and track the problem just in case there is a wider Klaviyo bug that needs attention.

Thank you again for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge

Hello. Is there anyone here who can really help with this problem or is the only way to change this application to something else? For my part, I did all the recommendations described above, up to reinstalling two browsers, but unfortunately, the form does not go to the next step! The same situation on my android, but besides this, the font in the registration form is not displayed correctly on the mobile! I repeat, I need real help, not advice to read the entire help center again! I spent over 20 hours looking for a solution! Chat with a live person is what might help!

Badge +1

Hi 

Now I have the same problem and was told by a customer with a completely different browser. I've tried copying the popup but it doesn't help. Has anyone found a solution?
Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @DennisMAX

Have you completed these following troubleshooting steps to rectify the issue? 

Thanks for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor 

I tried all of the potential solutions mentioned above, but none worked. The only one that worked for me on both my iPhone and laptop was to turn off my VPN.

According to this Forbes article, 69% of people use a VPN on a mobile device. https://www.forbes.com/advisor/business/vpn-statistics/

Most of my customers will come from a mobile device. It's unfortunate that it will prevent quite a lot of customers from signing up for my newsletter just because of a VPN.

I might have to use another app for my newsletter sign up form.

I hope this can help people having similar issues in the future.

Badge

Hello

I created a page for test purpose. After the test it’s even more confusing. 

https://www.chartair.com.au/test-06/09

When I submit the form only filling the required fields (*), the form is submitted successfully. 

When I fill the whole form, it shows the error message.

Can you guys please have a look? Thanks

Badge +1

We are getting this error also. We’ve been running our form just fine for weeks, and all of a sudden getting this message. How can this be fixed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @ProducerConfidential,

Thank you for sharing this information with us.

In addition to the suggestion above:

Hi @Rhyder,

Thank you for your question.

Typically this error is due to a plug-in or another application linked to your browser, or a temporary error that will go away on its own. Can you try submitting the form in a net-new browser and see if you have the same issue?

If so, I recommend cloning the form, re-publishing it to your site and try testing it again.

Thanks and please do let us know if you’re still having trouble after this.

Could you please try the following steps and see if you still get the same error message?

Thanks for being a member of the Community.