Solved

Integrating email & SMS opt ins with Shopify account registration form

• 2 July 2021
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Is there a recommended approach to adding opt in checkboxes for accepting email & SMS with a Shopify account sign up form?

I’ve built a basic form with just the checkboxes, but Klaviyo warns that for the opt in blocks to work, they need a corresponding Email field block and a subscribe button block. But those fields/buttons will be taken care of by the Shopify sign up page template. So I am confused :laughing:

Hate to reference a juggernaut :rolling_eyes: but, Fashion Nova does it well on their account sign up page:

icon

Best answer by David To 3 July 2021, 14:29

View original

2 replies

Thanks David! Much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Chris Long,

Great question!

To include an SMS opt-in option at the account registration page using a Shopify built form, you’ll need to do so by collecting this SMS consent from that form and pushing it to Klaviyo via API.

I would recommend taking a look at the Guide to Collecting SMS Consent via API and Klaviyo API Documentation to learn more about this process. Some things to note when doing so, when making these requests:

• SMS consent will only be collected if the phone number is in an accepted format and is a US or Canadian number
  • If double opt-in is still enabled on the list, you are adding customers to, customers must be adhere the SMS double opt-in confirmation

Other Community post along this same subject that may help you are:

I hope this helps!

David