Solved

Yet another birthday property question

• 27 September 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi!

I’ve read through the other responses here about setting up birthday flows, but I’m still lost to be honest.

I’ve created a signup form, formatted MM/DD with the profile property ‘birthdate’
Same again for the hidden field birthdate MM/DD. 

For whatever reason it’s not saving  this as a property (it’s formatted with the date block and not a text block so it isn’t that).

What am I doing wrong? When I go to start the flow I can’t find the ‘birthdate’ trigger I’ve made.

Any help appreciated!
Michael

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 27 September 2021, 19:53

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Michael 

Based on everything I can see from the screenshots, this should be working for you. The team in the Klaviyo Community does not have access to view your account, therefor can not look directly at the birthday flow to troubleshoot. As there seems to be something bigger going on, I suggest contacting Klaviyo Support so they can go into your account and solve this problem for your quickly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hey @Michael!

Glad I could offer some help and info! I would like to point you to this thread:

to see if that issue can be of assistance to you. I think after skimming through it, you will see the answer to the solution! I would love to encourage learning from all community members and especially create an environment where we can all learn and grow together :)

Please report back with your findings and if you run into any problems!

Alex

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Alex,

I’ve had a read through all those thread before posting this question - still can’t see the trigger.

Could you have a quick look at the photos I sent above to make sure I’m formatting the date correctly?

It’s MM/DD with one property added to the profile with the time stamp too so Klaviyo recognises it’s a date input and not text, but still not showing up as a trigger.

Regards,
Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Michael 

Were you able to find a solution for this or do you still need additional help getting birthdays added as a custom profile property? Happy to jump back into this if you need!

Badge +1

Hello,

Could someone tell me the code for hosted pages? I cannot find any adding blocks in Preference forms for a special newsletter only in the global one, which I dont understand anyways.

I just need the code for the hosted pages, so people can only enter one format. This code does not work at all

<div class="form-group">
<label for="birthday" class="col-sm-3 control-label">Geburtstag</label>
<div class="col-sm-9">
<input type="text" class="form-control" id="Birthday" name="$birthday" value="{% if request.POST|lookup:'$email' %}{{ request.POST|lookup:'$birthday' }}{% else %}{{ person.birthday|default:'' }}{% endif %}" />
</div>
</div>

Any ideas?

Also wenn I access the preference page from hosted pages first time it wont show the data, that is already in the system.

Thanks

danny

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Stephen,

I’d love some extra help please. The photos I’ve attached above and the previous post is where I’m up to - something in them must be formatted incorrectly because I’m still unable to use the date property when creating or collecting birthdays for users.

Michael

Badge +3

Could please show with some pictures?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Can anyone tell what the error is from my above photos please?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Michael, @sdhar, and other community members that might want to create a birthday flow!

I am going to break down from top to bottom the steps so apologies if some of this is repetition to those that have already replied in this thread.

You can gather Birthdays via Signup Form by following this guide to Create a Signup Form: Overview of the Signup Form Builder

If you want to collect birthdays via an email message, you will need to redirect recipients to the Manage Preferences/Subscribe Page within the email message, which is where they can update their birthday. If you are sending emails via flow, then the Global Manage Preferences form is located under the Preferences Pages tab in Klaviyo. Similarly, you could also redirect recipients to a List-specific Subscribe Page, where they input their birthday and then are submitted to a specific List. Here are the instructions you'll need to follow: Collect Birthday via Subscribe/Preference Page

Once you are properly collecting Birthday properties, they will appear on customer profiles, and they need to be formatted with MM/DD (optional YYYY). However, at least one Birthday needs to include date and time so that Klaviyo recognizes the value as a date property. You can edit the Birthday property on your own test profile to show date and time - for example 2014-09-01 13:34:00​  or  09/01/2014 13:34:00 are both recognized as date properties by Klaviyo. 

Once you have collected at least one Birthday property that is recognized as a date by Klaviyo, you can follow this guide to create a Birthday Flow: How to Build a Birthday Flow - or - this guide to segment customers by age: How to Create Segments Based on Birthdays

Lastly, we have great community posts that go over this topic as well which i highly recommend you take a look at!

Hope this helped and I would love to see how other community members have found success when setting up their birthday flows as well!

Alex

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @alex.hong 

Thanks for the tips! I’m gathering the information via a popup form.

Here are the current settings to the form submit/date text field asking for the birthday. You’ll also see I made an example property in a testing profile in Klaviyo MM/DD with the time as well.

But when I go in to create a flow based on a date (birthdate) there is no option for me to use it.

Thanks!
Michael