Solved

SMS Welcome Flow

• 21 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Question regarding the SMS welcome flow. Today is the first day we launched the SMS capture pop up that enters users into the welcome flow once they've consented. Essentially we would want the welcome text to deliver to them as soon as possible, but, if a customer consents after 9PM(local time zone) a text could technically be sent after hours. I can only set the time delay to specific times of day/ days of week so I'm curious on what the best practice is for this? 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 23 August 2021, 21:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @RetentionRob

Welcome to the Community Forum! We are so glad to have you here and to see you’re utilizing this platform! 

This is an awesome question, excited to see you’re using SMS in a Welcome Flow! You are correct, it is essentially best practice to keep the sending timeframe for text messages between 9 a.m-8 p.m. Anytime outside of these selected hours tends to feel intrusive to the customer as the message immediately pings their phone. I understand wanting to send a message as soon as possible to your customers, unfortunately, Klaviyo cannot restrict or prevent a message from going out after a certain time period. However you can, as you mentioned, Schedule a Time Delay in a Flow. This ensures your SMS messages are sending at an appropriate time period. I’d recommend investigating your Smart Send Times for email campaigns or when your customers click to open an SMS link to discover what time of day your customers are most likely to interact with your messages and delay accordingly. There is also the option of setting the step to Manual instead of Live in order to manually send out the messages. 

Additionally, it is SMS Welcome Flow Best Practice to not to overload SMS subscribers. It’s best to send a maximum of two to six SMS messages per month for each recipient and anywhere from two to four messages for your Welcome series. Since you already have a relationship and information on these exiting customers, you can leverage certain information that you already know about them, like their email and purchase history, to send more relevant texts! 

Please touch base and let us know what time you found works best for your business and your experience! I’d be curious to know if other users have similar or differing experiences! 

Best,

Taylor