Solved

Confusion about profiles limitation and emails limitation

• 29 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello 

I am so confused about the limitation of the profiles and emails.

I imported thousands of profiles before and I deleted already. Now there are only about less than 50 profiles in my account. 

But why in my account overview, there are still more than 8000 profiles recorded here??

My second question is, as you can see from the screenshot, the Profiles Monthly Usage is 250 active profiles, does it mean i can only send a campaign with segement or list with only 250 profiles per month?

For example if i send a campaign with segement with 250 profiles on 1st Jan, then i cannot send any other campaign during the whole January?

Please kindly offer me help.

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 30 July 2022, 22:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Derek Leung 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! Thanks for reaching out for help with your profiles.

Quick question, how did you suppress and delete the profiles? Klaviyo only counts profiles that are consented to email or SMS as “active” so if you suppress the profiles they won’t count towards your profile limits. With your current plan you can send up to 500 individual messages, and up to 250 profiles in a single send. 

For the second part of your question, you will be able to send up to 2 campaigns in a 30 day period X to 2 segments (or lists) of 250 profiles each = 500 individual emails. If the segment has more than 250 profiles, the campaign will send to the first 250 profiles in the list and the rest you will see a skipped reason of Over Email Limit. So if you send to a segment with 250 profiles on 1st Jan, you will be able to send one more campaign within 30 days to a segment of 250 profiles (they can be the same profiles as the first send or you can use a different segment). The profile limit is only limiting how many profiles you reach per send.

Hope this helps! Thanks again for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge +1

Hey @Derek Leung 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! Thanks for reaching out for help with your profiles.

Quick question, how did you suppress and delete the profiles? Klaviyo only counts profiles that are consented to email or SMS as “active” so if you suppress the profiles they won’t count towards your profile limits. With your current plan you can send up to 500 individual messages, and up to 250 profiles in a single send. 

For the second part of your question, you will be able to send up to 2 campaigns in a 30 day period X to 2 segments (or lists) of 250 profiles each = 500 individual emails. If the segment has more than 250 profiles, the campaign will send to the first 250 profiles in the list and the rest you will see a skipped reason of Over Email Limit. So if you send to a segment with 250 profiles on 1st Jan, you will be able to send one more campaign within 30 days to a segment of 250 profiles (they can be the same profiles as the first send or you can use a different segment). The profile limit is only limiting how many profiles you reach per send.

Hope this helps! Thanks again for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Hello Stephen

Thanks so much for your reply. 

So I created lists before and upload the emails and as soon as I done that, all the emails were accounted to as the active profiles.
But after I deleted the lists I created, as you can still see there are 8110 active profiles here but actually there is not. That is strange, so next time if I add the same list of emails again, and the amount of active profiles will be increased?
Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Derek Leung 

Just want to clarify one thing, since a profile can be in many list and segments, just deleting the list doesn’t remove the profiles. You will want to follow the article I attached in my first response on how to suppress and delete the profiles. Also, if an email address already exists in your dashboard it will not create a new profile if it is added via CSV file. The active profile limit will on increase by however many net NEW profiles are being added. Hope this helps clarify.

Badge +1

Hey @Derek Leung 

Just want to clarify one thing, since a profile can be in many list and segments, just deleting the list doesn’t remove the profiles. You will want to follow the article I attached in my first response on how to suppress and delete the profiles. Also, if an email address already exists in your dashboard it will not create a new profile if it is added via CSV file. The active profile limit will on increase by however many net NEW profiles are being added. Hope this helps clarify.

Hello

I follow the instructions from the article you sent in the first reply, and I could not find the list of those thousands of contacts in the “Profile Maintenance”

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Derek Leung 

The reason you can’t find the list is because you deleted it the first time. However, that doesn’t suppress or remove the profiles. You need to globally suppress the profiles first. This will suppress the profiles from all of your Klaviyo lists. Once they are suppressed they will be added to your Suppressed List. Once you navigate to the suppressed list you will be able to remove the inactive profiles.