Solved

Signup Form Tracking In Klaviyo

• 24 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

In our Klaviyo setup we are running a/b tests on signup forms. Is there anyway to have a signup form also get marked on a profile.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 24 March 2022, 21:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Azippin,

Welcome to the Community!

I think the best way to mark the form submission would be to add hidden fields. Hidden fields are additional properties that will be added to a subscriber's profile in Klaviyo upon submission. This easily allows you to track visitors who interact with your form and retain information about them. 

By default, all forms have a $source property as a hidden field, which identifies how they were added to your list. The value for $source is typically the name of the sign up form. It is also important to note that this option is only available for buttons that submit the form (not close form, go to URL, etc.) 

To find your form's hidden fields, please toggle over the action button of your form: 

?name=inline1574603849.png​​

Upon creating a distinct hidden field for the forms of each sport, the best way would certainly be to use flow filters to trigger a welcome series which targets that specific sport using - Properties about someone > [Hidden field property name label] > equals [Hidden field property value]

?name=inline-1301154987.png

Hope that helped!

Alex

Badge +3

Thanks @alex.hong but this would only update a static field. So if the user submits more than one form using that field, it would overwrite that field data. So you could only view the latest submission source. Id like to add a metric event that shows “user filled out form X”. That way, if a user submits multiple forms, the data isnt overwritten.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Azippin,

For your purpose of conducting an A/B test, wouldn’t a static form be ok as submissions are already divided between those who went down one path vs another in your Flow setup? From there could you not manually add a custom property for those that filled out source A or B.

If not, I would recommend working with a custom legacy form to add multiple fields to a submission.

All the best,

Alex

Badge +3

@alex.hong I guess the list could work, then you would need to hover over the list to see the added date. It would be nicer if its added as a metric so we could see these events in a timeline. We have our website form submissions add a metric already. It seems like an item that SHOULD be a metric. We can see when they are on the site and what pages are active, but we cant see the activity they take with the form. From a UI, the data seems to fit with the other metrics.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Azippin,

I would also recommend just creating a segment to trigger based on those who have completed a form so that you can separate form results and users that way as well. If you’re working with custom forms and metrics, I would recommend checking our API docs as well to utilize those.

Best,

Alex