Solved

1 flow, several emails and the same dynamic coupon

• 22 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi Community.

I want to create the Win-back flow in my Shopify store, sending 4 emails and with a 5-day dynamic coupon.

My question is how to send the same dynamic coupon and without others being created, since through each email I want to remind you that you have fewer days left to use it and insert said dynamic coupon.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 22 May 2023, 17:00

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @Nicolas Aguilera 

Thank you for posting your question in the community!

When you create a dynamic coupon for a flow this is usually created and sent within the first email of that flow. But, it is also saved to the contact profile in the coupon property field.

{{ person|lookup:'variable name' }} - Replace ‘variable name’ would the coupon.

Then, in your subsequent flow messages, rather than use the tag for the dynamic coupon code (which you’d have in your first email), you’d use the following property tag to show the assigned coupon code in the customer’s profile property.

{{ person|lookup:'coupon' }} 

I hope this helps!

@In the Inbox 

Hi @Nicolas Aguilera 

Thank you for posting your question in the community!

When you create a dynamic coupon for a flow this is usually created and sent within the first email of that flow. But, it is also saved to the contact profile in the coupon property field.

{{ person|lookup:'variable name' }} - Replace ‘variable name’ would the coupon.

Then, in your subsequent flow messages, rather than use the tag for the dynamic coupon code (which you’d have in your first email), you’d use the following property tag to show the assigned coupon code in the customer’s profile property.

{{ person|lookup:'coupon' }} 

I hope this helps!

@In the Inbox

Hi.

Like this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @Nicolas Aguilera 

Yes! That is correct! Be sure to test it with some actual profiles, but that will populate the existing coupon from the profile in the email later in the series. 

Now, the only thing to be aware of is the ‘coupon’ field on the profile shows the most recent coupon code. If you have other flows where a user could receive a new coupon, it will overwrite whatever coupon was there.

However, in this case, since you are setting up a Winback campaign, its unlikely these customers would be triggered into another flow where a different coupon could be populated. Ultimately, they will see a coupon associated with their account, but I wanted to mention that for your awareness.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

@In the Inbox 

@In the Inbox.

Do you happen to know how I can insert said dynamic code inside a button and inside an image?

Will this link that I have inside my button be okay?

https://www.bijoucosmetics.cl/discount/{% coupon_code 'Clientes_Especiales' %}

https://www.bijoucosmetics.cl it my link

Badge

For anyone else that has tried the above and it did not work (like it didnt for me) I used the code {% coupon_code 'Birthday_coupon' %} rather than person lookup and this worked. It pulled in the same coupon code as was sent in the fist email for that person.