Solved

Abandoned Checkout Based on product Variants

• 22 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi!

I need to give customers an different offer depending on which variant is selected.

Checkout Started proeprty does only let me select Items and not Variants or SKU.

What am I supposed to do? I also tried doing a collection page with certain variants but Shopify does let you only add entire products to collections.

Also I was trying to create a segment to filter out variants but it does not work.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 22 February 2023, 20:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @organicsbest ,

Welcome to the Community.

The variant data is passed from Shopify to Klaviyo with the standard Checkout Started event. However, this data is "nested" too far down in the event data to be used in something like Trigger Filter or when segmenting. ?name=Screen+Shot+2022-10-18+at+11.13.50+AM.png

In order for data within the event to be used in segmenting or filtering, the event data needs to be "top level". Unfortunately, this is not standard with the Variant data and the Checkout Started event.

You may be able to accomplish this by creating a custom event leveraging our track API to send this data top level. However, custom metrics is not something we are able to assist with. This would require working with your developer. You can also find our directory here to find a developer that best suits your needs if you do not have access to one: https://klaviyo.partnerpage.io/.