Solved

Can I use dynamic variables in a Notification Flow's Reply-To field?

• 22 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have created a Flow to send me an email whenever someone joins my Email Subscribers List with the user’s name, email, and phone number.

Can I use the user’s email variable in the From / Reply-To field in the Notification settings?

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 23 May 2023, 17:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Dylan P. 

Thanks for asking a really great question on flow notifications. 

Unfortunately the dynamic email variable will only work in the content section of the notification. The “Send To” and “From / Reply-to” fields have to contain an active email address. This is really intended for internal teams to communicate more effectively. For example, notifying your customer experience team when someone leaves a detractor NPS score, or alerting your sales team when someone is added to a wholesale or VIP list. The “From / Reply-to” allows the other teams to reach back out to you if there is any additional needs.

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Hey @Dylan P. 

Thanks for asking a really great question on flow notifications. 

Unfortunately the dynamic email variable will only work in the content section of the notification. The “Send To” and “From / Reply-to” fields have to contain an active email address. This is really intended for internal teams to communicate more effectively. For example, notifying your customer experience team when someone leaves a detractor NPS score, or alerting your sales team when someone is added to a wholesale or VIP list. The “From / Reply-to” allows the other teams to reach back out to you if there is any additional needs.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Stephen!

Maybe you can point me towards a different solutions then. I want to receive an email every time a user signs up on our form (when a user gets added to the Email Subscriber List). The problem with the Flow is that when I receive the email, every time the Reply-To and Subject is the same and Gmail is putting them into one email thread.

Essentially I’d like to figure out how to automatically get emailed when someone signs up and have the Reply-To or From email to be the user’s email. Is there a different feature other than Flows that could accomplish this?