Creating a Weekly Report for my Back in Stock Flow

• 27 November 2020
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

If you’ve set up a Back in Stock Flow, you might be wondering which products have the most requests. With Klaviyo you can generate a report of product requests from your Back in Stock Flow and subscribe to it to get regularly updated reports. 

To do so, navigate to your flow and click on the back in stock delay in the flow. From here, click on "View Back in Stock Product Request Report." This takes you to the report for the back in stock flow. On this page, you can click on "Subscribe" to receive weekly report emails that contain the latest products your customers requested via back in stock.

If you’ve created a report like this and want to share how you use it for your business, please join the conversation below! Or if you’re having trouble generating your report, let us know.

16 replies

Badge +1

Hey there, this report is working well ofr me but I have multiple stores hooked up to the same Klaviyo account. When I get the weekly back in stock reports, there is no way to discern which report is for which store. Not even in the CSV download. Is there a way to add store name to the email subject or CSV file?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hey @nmcleod, great question! At the moment the name of the export and email subject line cannot be customized, but a workaround could be changing what email the reports are sent to so they each are sent to a unique one related to that specific brand.

One way to do this and still have them arrive in your preferred inbox is to append “+storename”  to your email, which would look like this in practice: myemail+storename1@example.com. Adding the + allows you to add identifying information to your email, and it will still arrive in your email inbox like any other email.

If you use one for each store export, you can then go a step further and add labels or filters depending on your inbox provider’s capabilities. That way at a glance you can tell which report is for which store. Otherwise, you can just look at the email the report was sent to when you open the email to see what store it is for. 

I hope this helps!

Badge +1

Hi Julia,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a shot, but it would really be a great feature if this could be built into Klaviyo functionality. Should be fairly simple to add store name to email subject line. Thanks!

Badge +1

Hey @Julia.LiMarzi , I have another question here. Is there anyway to view the BIS report by individual, quantity and SKU all in one? The BIS Weekly report only shows how many of each SKU was requested that week, but it doesn’t show who requested it and when each request was made.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hmm, at this time I don’t think it’s possible as part of the weekly export but I’ll let the team know this is something you’re interested in.

A workaround—not an elegant one—could be to use segments to create a segment of people who subscribed to back in stock that week for each product. If you have a lot of products this obviously isn’t ideal, and an export of that segment would only show profile info, not product info. 

You could however export those segments and cross-reference them with your back in stock export to see who exactly subscribed that week. 

Badge +1

Hi Julia,

Thanks for the additional notes. This will be challenging as we have thousands of SKUs and hundreds of BIS requests. This would be another great feature add to Klaviyo.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @nmcleod,

I wanted to share an exciting new release with you: Exporting Back in Stock Subscribers

Now you can export a CSV of profiles subscribed to a product, how long they’ve been waiting, and what product and variant they’ve subscribed to. 

I hope this helps!

Badge +1

Hi @Julia.LiMarzi,

I’ve set up the weekly reports for my team but how do I edit these or remove people from report?

Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @ellenk

Are you looking to update your weekly report settings? If so, you can do update who receives the export and when by going to Account > Settings > Scheduled Reports and selecting Edit next to the report you want to modify. 

If I misunderstood your question, please provide more detail so I can help further!

Badge +1

Hi @nmcleod,

I wanted to share an exciting new release with you: Exporting Back in Stock Subscribers

Now you can export a CSV of profiles subscribed to a product, how long they’ve been waiting, and what product and variant they’ve subscribed to. 

I hope this helps!

This is great but am I missing something or can you not ‘subscribe’ to the one that has the users? The only scheduled report I’m seeing is the basic one, not the one that shows you who subscribed. Is this correct? Also, it would be great to have some more product columns in this report like ‘type’ and ‘tags’, that way the spreadsheet would be a bit more filterable!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hey there @justin_parkway,

You'll want to go into your Back in Stock Flow and select your Back in Stock event, then on the left, select - "View Back in Stock Product Request Report". As long as there are users being pulled, it should let you subscribe to the back in stock that has users to get your reports.

mceclip1.png

Once you're in this report, you'll select that the Subscribe button on the right. 

Here you'll be able to schedule the frequency and recipients!

If you ever need to adjust this, The Scheduled Reports tab allows you to adjust which reports you're subscribed to and the settings for each report. You can navigate to this tab by going to Account > Settings > Scheduled Reports.​​

As for adding additional columns, you can add your own columns manually if you are working with a spreadsheet. But I will also let our product feature request team know about this idea as a default. Thank you!
Alex

Badge +1

Hey there @justin_parkway,

You'll want to go into your Back in Stock Flow and select your Back in Stock event, then on the left, select - "View Back in Stock Product Request Report". As long as there are users being pulled, it should let you subscribe to the back in stock that has users to get your reports.

mceclip1.png

Once you're in this report, you'll select that the Subscribe button on the right. 

Here you'll be able to schedule the frequency and recipients!

If you ever need to adjust this, The Scheduled Reports tab allows you to adjust which reports you're subscribed to and the settings for each report. You can navigate to this tab by going to Account > Settings > Scheduled Reports.​​

As for adding additional columns, you can add your own columns manually if you are working with a spreadsheet. But I will also let our product feature request team know about this idea as a default. Thank you!
Alex

Hey Alex, thanks for the quick reply. That’s what I went ahead and did but the ‘back in stock most requested items’ report does not have the user data in it unfortunately. As far as I can tell, the report with the user data does not seem scheduable at the moment.

And yeah as far as the extra product columns go, it would just be nice to have some more product data pulled into the report especially the product type field. Appreciate you letting the product team know.

Is there a way we can notify people that have signed up for a BIS alert for a product that is discontinued, letting them know the product won’t be back in stock and recommend an alternative product?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @AprilW, yes that is possible.

Within Klaviyo you can create a segment of customers who have subscribed for a back in stock alert for that product using either product title or SKU, whichever works better for you. Here’s an example segment to get you started 

After creating the segment, I recommend clicking into a few of the profiles that show up just to skim through their history and verify that they have subscribed to back in stock for that product. You can filter a profile’s event history right at the top and select the subscribed to back in stock as the event and choose see more to see the details of that specific event. 

When you have the segment, you can send them a campaign to let them know that the item they were interested in will no longer be available and check out something else instead. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you so much, Julia!

Hi Julia,

One more question relating to back-in-stock notifications. Our website has the quick view feature from the collection pages. Is there any way to add the back in stock button to the quick view, without the customer navigating to the product page?