Solved

Custom Templates from separate HTML builders using Klaviyo Event Variable tags

• 16 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

I'm using Stripo to build out my HTML emails and looking to add event variable tags like Abandoned cart products. Should I copy the code from the Abandoned cart Klaviyo template into Stripo or do I need to alter the code once importing the Stripo HTML into Klaviyo?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 17 February 2022, 22:12

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Carla,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for posting your question related to Stripo here and I’d be happy to offer more info regarding the information between the two systems. You should be able to import as per these steps, please keep in mind that the HTML you import may be skewed or adjusted when you import it into Klaviyo as our current HTML packaging system can rearrange or remove code where it doesn't see fit to render best in all email clients. However, if you are attempting to export directly from Stripo to Klaviyo and receiving this 500 error message when attempting to carry this out you will want to reach out to them directly to assist with troubleshooting. 

Connection between Stripo and Klaviyo is set up on Stripo's end and as a result, you would need to confirm with the third-party provider if the connection has been set up properly.

Hope this helped!
Alex

Badge +2

Stripo exports directly to Klaviyo so I have not had to use that manual method. My question is more code-based for adding event variable tags like abandoned cart into a Stripo HTML. Can I just copy the code from the Abandoned cart flow template for the product image/title/description etc into Stripo, or would I need to import the code into Klaviyo first then alter the code from here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Carla,

As you are asking regarding Klaviyo’s integration and how it might interact with Stripo, I would suggest first testing how copy pasting your Klaviyo code into Stripo to see if you get any errors. I would also advise to 1. reach out to Stripo support to learn more about how their integration interacts with Klaviyo’s HTML code for the abandoned cart or 2. Checking our partners directory to find a developer to work with.

Additionally, I can provide better assistance once we test the first method but I shall follow up after I do some research myself as well.

Thank you,

Alex

Badge +2

I just realized the new template editor does almost everything Stripo does. Having a hard time adding event variables though--according to this article it seems you need to manually “hover” over codes in the preview menu then paste them, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Is there somewhere we can find the master codes for event variables such as “Added to Cart” “Active on Site”  “Placed Order” etc? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Carla,

I believe what you are looking for can be found actually in this article. This should provide you with what you are looking for.

Let me know if that helped,

Alex

Badge +5

Hi @Carla,

Have you been able to get the solution to the problem you mentioned.

“I'm using Stripo to build out my HTML emails and looking to add event variable tags like Abandoned cart products. Should I copy the code from the Abandoned cart Klaviyo template into Stripo or do I need to alter the code once importing the Stripo HTML into Klaviyo?”

I am also looking for a solution to this.

Nitin

Hi everyone, 

Were you all able to get a solution? I am stuck on the same stage too. 

Thanks!