Solved

Dynamic Insert Product Image

• 6 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

How do I dynamically insert a product image into an email. For example on a Cart Abandoned flow or a Browse product Flow, I want to insert the exact product the user browsers or added to cart to make things more personal.

icon

Best answer by David To 6 July 2021, 22:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @jmacman,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

To personalize your emails with a dynamic product that a user has previously abandoned or browsed, you would need to build a dynamic table block based on the events and metadata that triggers the flow which your email would be housed in. To learn more about building your own dynamic table blocks, I would recommend taking a look at the following articles Klaviyo offers on this subject:

Alternatively, Klaviyo also offers a number of pre-build abandoned cart and browse abandonment flows you can leverage within the Flows Library. These pre-build flows allow you to customize and edit them while already having a pre-coded dynamic table block which aligns with your integration’s metadata being passed. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge

Hello @jmacman,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

To personalize your emails with a dynamic product that a user has previously abandoned or browsed, you would need to build a dynamic table block based on the events and metadata that triggers the flow which your email would be housed in. To learn more about building your own dynamic table blocks, I would recommend taking a look at the following articles Klaviyo offers on this subject:

Alternatively, Klaviyo also offers a number of pre-build abandoned cart and browse abandonment flows you can leverage within the Flows Library. These pre-build flows allow you to customize and edit them while already having a pre-coded dynamic table block which aligns with your integration’s metadata being passed. 

I hope this helps!

David

I’ve been through all of these steps, and I’ve put in the repeat condition in the table so that it shows the multiple items abandoned per customer if applicable. However, I’m getting two issues:

• the image is the same across multiple products in the email, assuming because the variable I’ve used is for that first item: {{ event.extra.line_items.0.product.images.0.src }}

I’ve tried playing around with the variable so that it brings in the subsequent product images and nothing is working. 

It’s also repeating each product twice, so if a customer abandoned two items, it’s showing those two items, and then showing them again (so looks like four items).

Any advice or assistance would be fantastic.

TIA