Solved

How can I make sure out of stock products from Shopify are not promoted?

• 14 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I want to make sure out of stock products are not promoted in any of my Klaviyo emails.  Our site is on Shopify. 

Things like Browse Abandonment emails. I don’t want an email sent to a contact if they looked at a product that was out of stock

Personalized Product Feeds:

Can I keep out of stock products from entering these type of feeds?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by caroline 15 January 2021, 20:07

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi there,

I would recommend making sure that your Shopify store is configured to prevent customers from purchasing out of stock products. As explained in our Help Center article, “Klaviyo will only "un-publish" out-of-stock items for Shopify stores if you do not allow customers to purchase products when they go out-of-stock. If you have multiple variations of an item, all variations must be out-of-stock in order for Klaviyo to consider the entire item out-of-stock and unpublish it.”

Once you’ve made sure that you do not allow customers to purchase products when they out of stock, you can follow the instructions in the linked article to prevent “unpublished” products from being displayed in emails. Since Klaviyo will then automatically un-publish out of stock products, out-of-stock products will not be displayed in emails as long as you update your product blocks according to the instructions included in the article.

Best,

Caroline

Badge +2

Thanks Caroline.

I think that only pertains to emails that contain products from a product feed. 

What about the Browse Abandonment Flow emails. I’d prefer that email wasn’t even sent if they browsed a product that is out of stock.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi there,

If you scroll down on the linked page, there’s a section which covers the Browse Abandonment flow.

Best,

Caroline

Badge +2

Perfect! Thanks! I’ll try it out

Badge +1

Any ideas how to do this on a WooCommerce platform? I see articles for Shopify and Magento, but nothing for WooCommerce.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Thanks @caroline, for that great answer!

@hosstools, the availability to exclude users from receiving an Abandoned Cart or Browse Abandonment flow when the products are out of stock is currently limited to Shopify and Magento. However, I completely agree with you that many of our WooCommerce and BigCommerce clients would benefit from this feature.

As such, I have gone ahead and shared this feedback with our Product Team. Thanks for being a part of our Community and helping us improve!

Have a great day!

-David