Solved

How can I track when someone leaves a product review?

• 18 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I’m using the product review/ cross sell flow.  How can I configure this flow to also track or create a customer property that a review was left? I don’t want the customer to do an additonal step after leaving a review. 

I believe there is a way to add a customer property with a value based on leaving a review.  How do I get klaviyo to know someone left a review?  

sort of like the information that is stated in the document called “include ratings links or NPS surveys in an email”  

{% update_property_link 'profile_property' 'property_value' 'redirect_link' %}

Thank you 

Patty

icon

Best answer by David To 11 May 2021, 18:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@tiryoriginals - Assuming you’re on Shopify, are you using a review platform by any chance?  Or, are you using the Shopify Review App?  

Badge +2

@retention Yes, I’m using Shopify and have Shopify “Product Review” App installed.  Sending a klaviyo template flow asking for review pointing customer to the review area on the product page.  

Badge +2

Hi there, did you find an answer to this? I’d like to set up the same with Shopify reviews app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @tiryoriginals and @outsidegang

At this time, Klaviyo does not have a direct in-house built integration with Shopify’s own Product Review App. Due to this lack of this connection, Klaviyo would not be passed this review data to indicate if a contact has left a review or not. This does not mean you could not sync this sort of information with Klaviyo. You can still pass this information to Klaviyo  by seeing if Shopify has developed their own connection to be sending this review data to Klaviyo or creating your own custom integration by leveraging Klaviyo’s API. 

You can find out how to create this custom connection from our following articles:

Alternatively, Klaviyo does offer our own pre-built Product Review Flow which is available to you within the Flow’s Library. You can learn more about how this flow functions in the Creating a Product Review Flow and in a similar post answered by @dov.derin below:

As Dov has also mentioned, other alternatives you have would be connecting a third party review app such as Stamped.ioYotpo, Loyalty Lion, or ReferralCandy to name a few, who have developed their own integration with Klaviyo. Since these apps have created their own integration with Klaviyo, they would be passing certain event data to Klaviyo such as if a customer has provided a positive or negative review.

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

-David

Badge +2

Hi David,

Thank you very much for taking the time to help this is very insightful.