Solved

Include Customer Spend in Email

• 26 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi, 

I feel like I should have found the answer to this somewhere, but I haven’t

We’re running a promotion that gives a group of customers free shipping for a year if they spend $5,000 in 90 days. I want to send a email reminder each month that says something like “Don’t forget to spend $5,000 before August. You’ve already spent $xxxx.xx!”

I know you can segment by revenue, is there a property I can include in the body of an email to accomplish this?

Thanks, 

icon

Best answer by Dov 27 May 2021, 19:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Daniel House Club,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.

You are on the right track with the segment idea! Using a segment definition including revenue would be the best way to trigger your flow to incentivize folks who are getting close to that figure to “top-up” to $5000. Something like the following:

However, the dynamic variable you’re looking for: “you’ve already spent X” wouldn’t be possible natively through Klaviyo’s integration with Shopify. Even if you were to trigger the flow off of say the “Placed Order” event, the dynamic event-variables available for use for these flow emails will only pertain to that specific order. You won’t have the option to dynamically pull in an order value aggregate figure for all orders over X amount of time for an individual. 

One alternative is to look into 3rd party extensions or plug-ins through Shopify that may have the ability to send Klaviyo the event variable for total spend over all time. Though, I am not sure one of these exists but it is worth checking with Shopify.

Another alternative solution is to remove the “You’ve already spent X” from your flow email messaging and change the wording slightly. Maybe something like: “You’re so close! Don’t forget to spend $5,000, if you spent $5000 in 90 days we’ll send you X”. 

Lastly, you can send us a custom metric using the Track API to include total spend for that individual along with their placed order data. The custom metric would then be used to trigger a flow and we could include the “you’ve ordered X amount” as a dynamic variable in that flow. You would use this segment definition as a part of the flow filter. I am also including a reference guide on the Track API for your convenience here.

If you’re looking for assistance with any of these solutions, we have an extensive network of partners you can look into for help with custom event development and other helpful services.

I hope this was helpful. Thanks for being a part of our growing Community and have a great rest of your week.