Solved

Reply to email button

• 14 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

First question here and not sure if it’s going to make sense.

I know that there is a code that I’ve just been shown that allows you to send a new email to someone (emailto:joe@bloggs.co.uk) but I was wondering if there was a way to reply to the email the customer receives through a button within the email? 
Maybe it’s a shortcut that I don’t need but I’ve been asked by my manager to see if it’s possible. We are developing what I’m calling a ‘spam buster’ encouraging people to reply to the email to help with a spam problem as well as lots of other thing we are trying.
Please let me know if any one can help. 

Thank you,

Jack

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 14 November 2023, 16:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @JackHD,

Welcome to the Community! 

Your question makes complete sense, and I’m happy to let you know that it is possible to embed a ‘mailto’ link in buttons and images in Klaviyo. 

If you want to have a button populate a new email response, you can enter this:mailto:yourname@yourwebsite.com as the Link address on an image block within the template editor.

Now when a recipient clicks this button, a new window will open with an email message pre-filled to send to this email address.

If needed, there is another thread here on the Community that goes on to mention how you can also pre-fill the subject line that will be populated in the email sent by users who click this link. You can read on here: 

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Badge

This is great thank you! I will do some tests and experiment with this. :D

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

@JackHD You’re very welcome! Please feel free to reach back out if you have any further questions :)

Have a great day!

Is there a way to insert the subject line in this shortcut? So when they click, their email will already have the subject I chose? 

Similar to what we can do with the WhatsApp message link 

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @Lua Claudio,

Yes, this can be done. This thread answers your question.