Solved

Resend Notification Recipient Confirmation

• 24 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

I have a co-worker who I wanted to receive a notification for contact us form submissions. I added his email under “send to” in the configuration of the flow step, but he says he did not receive the email confirmation to receive the notifications. Is there a way to re-send him the confirmation, or manually send him a link? It’s the email below. 

icon

Best answer by Omar 25 January 2023, 00:04

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @sarahchilcoatOPO ,

Welcome to the Community.

If you click into the profile, and click, "Messages,"
?name=inline1781234582.png

You'll see Send an e-mail:
?name=inline-2105452130.png

And if you've saved the template, you can send that template. (related article)

Another method would be:

You can send that specific email as a campaign to anyone excluded from a flow, which is detailed in this guide.

First, create a segment of those skipped by the flow (like the one shown below). Keep in mind that you need to make sure conditions exactly match the trigger and flow filters for your flow.

?name=2020-11-20_12-16-16.png
Next, save the flow email as a template so you can reuse it for your campaign.

2019-09-12_10-34-34.gif
Lastly, create a campaign using the template and send it to the segment you just created.

Badge +1

Thank you! this email is an automated email that gets sent from Klaviyo for people being added to notifications, but they must opt-in first. I am adding my co-workers here. Once they have opted in they receive the green check-box. I am looking to re-send these Klaviyo opt-in messages. 

Hello,

I’m having the same issue. Were you able to find a solution to this at all?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @sarahchilcoatOPO, sometimes spam filters tend to see these messages as spam.

We've had cases where using gmail email addresses worked but sending emails from the main company address didn't.

So please check the filtering rules or check with IT to exclude these emails since they might be seen as spoofing.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @renovatorstore,

As mentioned in our How to opt in and out of the notification action Help Center article:

To retrigger an opt-in confirmation email to an unconfirmed or disabled recipient, simply remove them from the action, click save, and then re-add them. This will trigger a new confirmation email to be sent.

If the recipient is still unable to receive the confirmation email after retrying, this would most likely be caused by either the network and/or inbox filtering rules set in place as @Omar mentioned. 

David

Hey @renovatorstore,

As mentioned in our How to opt in and out of the notification action Help Center article:

To retrigger an opt-in confirmation email to an unconfirmed or disabled recipient, simply remove them from the action, click save, and then re-add them. This will trigger a new confirmation email to be sent.

If the recipient is still unable to receive the confirmation email after retrying, this would most likely be caused by either the network and/or inbox filtering rules set in place as @Omar mentioned. 

David

Hello David,

Just for context, we want multiple teams to receive these notifications. As you can see below, our marketing@ email has received it but not info@ and service@. It is highly unlikely that it’s because of filtering or network issues because they were set up the same way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @renovatorstore,

I noticed that you have both @renovatorstore.com.au and @higoldharware.com.au as domains of those recipients. Do you happen to have any sort of dedicated sending domain setup?

I still suspect those info@ and service@ recipients aren’t receiving those opt-in notifications due to some misalignment and are blocked by your inbox/DNS. 

I would strongly advise working alongside your own internal IT administrators to review your DNS security settings and domain setup just to rule these possibilities out. Just because, if it ultimately is a DNS/domain setup issue causing these blockers, it’s better to catch these sooner rather than later. Although the @market and @mavis recipients successfully opted in, if it turns out to be a backend issue, there’s a strong possibility that they may not receive the subsequent notifications from the flow. 

I would also like to highlight, that just because two addresses were set up in a similar fashion, doesn’t mean backend DNS filters are going to trigger one-hundred percent of the time. They aren’t perfect. Oftentimes these filters are triggered based on a number of factors including frequency of the requests, level of suspicion, source, etc. 

David