Solved

Dynamic fields from Make to Klaviyo

Hi guys!

I want to send an email with the date and time when a customer makes an appointment in a Calendly.

How can I integrate this dynamic variable into the text of my email?

Via the API? Or other ?

Thx.

icon

Best answer by Omar 30 March 2024, 12:50

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Walter,

Do you have any more information here? Are you sending an email confirmation from Klaviyo today? How’re you sending that email (event, flow, etc.)? What platform are you using? Are you familiar with custom code for Klaviyo, or are you looking for a plugin-style solution?

I am unfamiliar with the “Make” integration but I think we’ll need more information about your situation before being able to help you out!

Best,

Kevin.

Thanks a lot for your interest.

For example, the appointment confirmation email is already prepared (in a flow). Here's what it looks like: "Hello {{ first_name|default:''|title }},

I am pleased to confirm our appointment for the presentation of our creations, on [START TIME] at [LOCATION].

This little one-on-one moment with one of our advisors will be an opportunity to guide you through the discovery of our collections, to try our creations, and to answer any of your questions."

The "[START TIME] and [LOCATION]" are 2 variables that I want to fill in from Make.

I am not familiar with Klaviyo's custom code, but with the help of Chat GPT, I can try...

The platform I am using : Calendly/Make/Klaviyo.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Walter,

What’s triggering the flow? Is it an event that Calendly is sending to Make(?), and then Make is sending to Klaviyo?

How is this event configured? Is there a built-in Calendly integration?

Yes, the trigger in Make is a Calendly event. Then, following some filters, Make send the first name, last name, and email to Klaviyo, adding this profile a tag : “RDV booked”.
Then, this tag put this profile into a segment “RDV booked” wich is the trigger to send the confirmation email to this lead.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Very interesting, Walter!

I am not sure if I’ll be able to help you more than this because this appears to be a no-code integration.

Do you have a contact at Make that can help you with their Calendly integration? You’ll need to get Make to include Calendly appointment data in the event it’s sending to Klaviyo. This isn’t difficult, but it’d most likely require a plugin update.

Best,

Kevin.

Here is the beginning of the list of what I can do with Make to interact with Klaviyo. As you can see, I can create an event in Klaviyo (using datas from Calendly of course).
Do you thing this is the way ?

I gonna try anyway!  😄

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Walter 

Make looks like a cool platform! I’m not familiar! It looks like a more robust Zapier.

What options do you have for the Calendly event? When you click on the big Calendly icon, what comes up? (Or possibly the connection between the Calendly icon and the Klaviyo Recherche du Lead).

I feel like there should be a way to select “meeting registration details” and send those to the Klaviyo event.

How did you configure sending the first name/last name/email from Calendly to Klaviyo? I am anticipating a screen that lets you choose other event details from Calendly to include in the Klaviyo event, or possibly a place to add your own.

Merci, mon ami!

Kevin.

Thanks Kevin,

The first big Calendly icon is there only to collect informations of the new event. And the way to send those informations to Klaviyo is to select one of the Klaviyo icons. The thing is how can we name this action. Is it create an event in klaviyo ? something else ? Here are the different actions we can do :
https://www.make.com/en/help/app/klaviyo?_gl=1*64na0d*_ga*MjA3NjI1ODU2OS4xNjY3NTc5MTU3*_ga_MY0CJTCDSF*MTcxMTY0NzY1NC4xNTUuMS4xNzExNjQ3NjYyLjUyLjAuMA..
And the last, but not least is make an API call. Is that the soluce ?
(Kevin, if you are ok, we can do a Google Meet as I can show you in details)

And Yes, Make is great !  😊

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

What we need to find is not how to create an event, but how to get more data out of Calendly...

I’m really expecting a menu that shows you calendly event details and you can map them to Klaviyo properties. Can you find this anywhere?

Is that what you’re waiting for ?
​​​​​​

My problem is not how to get those informations but how can I put them in an email in Klaviyo.  😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@Walter as mentioned you need a tool to grab the info from Calendly and into Klaviyo.

We're big on Zapier but the tool doesn't matter much - you just need to send an event to Klaviyo with the information of the event. Depending on how you do it this can either be an event or an event and a profile property (if it's a static piece of information you like to trigger a flow on - date based trigger).

From memory, it's important that when testing you do send an unique ID (time based) and make sure you think about if an event is cancelled or rescheduled which you probably want to do something with as well.

The best thing to do is draw out the flow how it works and what actions can occur and integrate this.

Screenshot from one of the flow where we have data flowing in Klaviyo from Zapier.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Wait, wait ! Oh I think that’s all I needed…

Thx Omar, I study this and try it today !

Actually, I managed to find a way, but I don't quite like it because it updates profil properties like "RDV booked," for example. This property puts the profile into the "RDV booked" segment. And when a profile enters this segment, the appointment confirmation email is sent with dynamic information such as the appointment date and links to modify or cancel the appointment.

Do you think I can just create an event? I don't quite understand this sentence: "Depending on how you do it, this can either be an event alone, or an event and a profile property (if it's static information you want to trigger a flow on - date-based trigger)."

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@Walter that is why when updating the profile we also send an event. Triggering a flow based on an event is better since it's impossible to easily detect a profile property change otherwise if it's not a true / false option.

So adding a profile property is good to work on a date triggered flow.
Event will allow you to detect changes or updates when something changes.
I normally use both in such cases.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Okay, I'll give that a try.
Thank you so much, @Omar, for your explanations!