Question

GTM 'Viewed Product' Works on Debug Only

• 28 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello!

We have a custom integration that we are attempting to plug Klaviyo into. We are using GTM for this. We’ve been able to get ‘viewed product’ to fire but only on GTM Debugger

Site is made in Next JS & Azure

Here is our viewed product snippet

<!-- Klaviyo Viewed Product Script -->
<script type="text/javascript">
  var item = {
    "ProductName":document.querySelector('.ProductComponent_productName__2AuMo').innerText,
     "SKU": document.querySelector('.ProductComponent_productInfoRow__5FcoG h4').innerText,
        "ImageURL": document.querySelector('.Slider_sliderImage__iRN_K').getAttribute('src'),
    "URL": window.location.href,
     "Price": document.querySelector('.Price_priceLarge__2OtPj').innerText.replace('$', ''),  // Removing the dollar sign from the price
      };
  klaviyo.push(["track", "Viewed Product", item]);
</script>

We have changed the trigger a few times seeing if this was the issue. We tried, DOM Load, /product page view, etc

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @PWMKTG_Team!

I’m going to check on this with Engineering and I’ll get back to you ASAP!

Best,
Brian

Badge

Hi @PWMKTG_Team!

I’m going to check on this with Engineering and I’ll get back to you ASAP!

Best,
Brian

Hello Brian,

Could cookie settings be preventing this?
Here’s what I get when I use browser tools to look at these scripts-

In a future version of the browser, cookies marked with SameSite=None; Secure and not Partitioned will be blocked in cross-site requests. This behavior protects user data from cross-site tracking.

kl_csrftoken .klaviyo.com/
kl_sessionid .klaviyo.com/
Badge

Hello Brian, we have the same issue

1. Reading cookie in cross-site context will be blocked in future Chrome versions

1. Cookies with the SameSite=None; Secure and not Partitioned attributes that operate in cross-site contexts are third-party cookies. In future Chrome versions, reading third-party cookies will be blocked. This behavior protects user data from cross-site tracking.

Please refer to the article linked to learn more about preparing your site to avoid potential breakage.

2. RISORSE INTERESSATE
      1. 3 cookie

1. Nome Dominio & Percorso
          kl_csrftoken .klaviyo.com/
          _ga .klaviyo.com/
          _ga_E2RS7HT946 .klaviyo.com/
      2. 2 richieste

1.  klaviyo.js?company_id=T6uyTf&ver=3.3.3
           klaviyo.js?company_id=T6uyTf
Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @OSItalia and @PWMKTG_Team!

My apologies for the delay here! I’ve been informed that this should be resolved - is the issue still occuring for you?

- Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @OSItalia and @PWMKTG_Team!

My apologies for the delay here! I’ve been informed that this should be resolved - is the issue still occuring for you?

- Brian