Solved

How to send email to specific user?

• 29 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

I want to improve our approach to client interaction. To that end, we are considering using the Klaviyo API to send email to particular individuals on demand.
Regarding the Klaviyo API functionalities connected to sending emails to particular people, any details or documentation you could offer would be very valued.
I’m using this email to invite people to reviews. All I want to do is render the email template and send the email to particular recipients.

icon

Best answer by saulblum 29 April 2024, 15:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

You’d have to create a temporary list with the API and add the profile to that list, and send the campaign to that list of one profile. There’s no direct way to send an email to just one profile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @ashutoshp

It seems like you want to do this programmatically, so I’d obviously defer to @saulblum that it’s not possible without adding them to a List first.

But if doing it manually works for you, you can send a single message from the the Klaviyo Admin UI here:

Badge

You’d have to create a temporary list with the API and add the profile to that list, and send the campaign to that list of one profile. There’s no direct way to send an email to just one profile.

I appreciate your comment; this seems like the right answer to me at first.

Badge

Once the profiles were added to the list, I could trigger emails. However, when I removed the profile from the list and created another one with the same email address, the emails would not trigger. Is there any solution to handle this case?