Solved

How to trigger emails to profiles that are removed and readed to a list via klaviyo API?

Badge

I want to improve our approach to client interaction. To that end, we are considering using the Klaviyo API to send email to particular individuals on demand.
Regarding the Klaviyo API functionalities connected to sending emails to particular people, any details or documentation you could offer would be very valued.
I’m using this email to invite people to reviews. All I want to do is render the email template and send the email to particular recipients.

For the above the solution that I implemented was as follows:

create a temporary list with the API and add the profile to that list, and send the campaign to that list of one profile. Basically I’ve created a flow which triggers email once a new profile is added to a list.

With the above solution, Once the profiles were added to the list, I could trigger emails. However, when I removed the profile from the list and created another one(Profile) with the same email address, the emails would not trigger. Is there any solution to handle this case?

icon

Best answer by saulblum 7 May 2024, 16:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

If you send a custom event to the profile with the Create Event call and have a flow triggered off that event, the flow will trigger every time the profile gets the event (i.e. it doesn’t have the one-time limit that segment and list triggered flows do).

Badge

@saulblum Can you please provide steps to achieve this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Call Create Event to send a custom event to the profile, and set up a flow tied to that custom metric.

https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/reference/create_event