Solved

Klaviyo API Questions

• 5 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi Team,

I have few doubts regarding Klaviyo API’s and here is the list.

1. Is there any restrictions for API in terms of user plan ?, or any user with any plan can access any API’s?
  2. Subscribed to list and Unsubscribed to list email metrics are mentioned in the Klaviyo help documentation -  https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036974872-Understanding-Email-Metrics. But, i could not find these two email metrics in my account. Why?
  3. Is there any relation to Events created of ecommerce metrics like Placed Order, Cancelled Order with Flows and campaigns in our account? can we generate revenue report with respect to flows and campaigns using this API - https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/reference/metric-export ?
  4. While Integrating other Apps, will the data be synced in real time or should we sync it manually using re-import historical data option given in integration settings?
  5. Can you just elaborately explain about the use of each query parameters in this API - Query Event Data - https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/reference/metric-export ?

Thank you,

Hirthik

icon

Best answer by David To 6 July 2022, 16:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @hirthik,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

To answer some of your questions below:

1. No matter what plan you’re on - even our free plan - you’ll have full access to the Klaviyo API.
  2. If you’re unable to find certain metrics such as the default Subscribe to List or the Unsubscribed from List, this typically means you haven’t recorded these events in your account yet. Similar to what @cassy.lee and I have shared in the Community posts below surrounding custom profile properties, events/metrics would need to be recorded in order to establish this event/metric.

3. The main relation between many of these ecommerce metrics with your flows and campaigns is primarily for conversion attribution purposes i.e. in order to know which message contributed to/convinced someone to make a purchase. You can learn more about Klaviyo’s attribution and conversion model from our Understanding Conversion Tracking Help Center article. 
  4. This would really depend entirely on the tool/application you’re connecting to Klaviyo. Once connected, most apps will sync and pass data to Klaviyo automatically and wouldn’t need any manual interference such as using the re-import historic data option. If you haven’t already, it may be helpful to take a look at our How Often Integrations Sync Help Center article which highlights how frequent some of our most popular connections pass data. 
  5. If the short use-case/summarization for the Query Event Data endpoint wasn’t sufficient, I would highly suggest taking a look at some of our Developer Guides; specifically the Data Fundamentals which I’ve included below. If you need further assistance or clarification on them, we would advise working alongside your developer on these materials.

Since it sounds like you’re just getting started with Klaviyo, I believe taking our Getting Started with Klaviyo Academy Course and searching through our Community space could prove helpful.

I hope this helps!

David