Solved

Linking to an API URL

• 1 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I am having trouble getting an API supplied URL to work as a hyperlink. When i use the event code and have it populate on it’s own (ie. a long url showing in the email) the link works, when I nest it in a hyperlink (so the long URL doesn’t actually show) I get an error code when trying to use the link.

Any idea why?

icon

Best answer by David To 8 September 2023, 17:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @MZeeb!

Would you mind explaining a little more about the specifics of your use case? For example, what do you mean by API-supplied URL, and how exactly are you populating the event code you referenced?

I think this will help myself and other Community members understand the issue better - so feel free to include screenshots and code if appropriate (with all sensitive information redacted).

Best,

Brian

Badge +2

@Brian Turcotte Thanks! Here are some screen shots of what I am trying to link to in my email flow…

Badge +2

And this is the error I receive when I test the email hyperlink vs. the link working and going where it is supposed to when it isn’t hyperlinked

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @MZeeb,

That’s certainly an odd behavior. 

In my experience, I suspect this may have something to do with the URL that’s being returned. Since you’re receiving an Access Denied message, I wonder if some part of the URL is omitted when accessed via a hyperlink. 

I would also double check that the returning link is valid too. I’ve encounter some issues before where the profile being previewed had a broken link due to a minor integration interruption. 

David