Solved

List of undocumented API endpoints

Badge +1

While using your API, I discovered that while undocumented, there are API endpoints for flows (/api/v1/flows and /api/v1/flow/{id}). What’s the reason these endpoints are undocumented? Is it not meant for public use, or is it simply due to time constraints / priorities? If the latter is the case, I’d be curious to know what other undocumented endpoints there are. Is it possible to provide a list of endpoints (just the URLs is fine) while we await the docs?

icon

Best answer by DavidHenriquez 20 May 2022, 16:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Generally speaking I have found that the API is much more flexible than the docs suggest i.e. the documentation is underdeveloped.  This is true for the template documentation as well.  I’ve been able to get some unique solutions built using the ‘if this works, I wonder if that works’ method.  I personally detest writing documentation, so I’m hesitant to criticize, but the documentation does a disservice to the API.

Badge +1

Historically, there have been various reasons we haven’t documented certain endpoints or features of those endpoints. That is the case for both of the ones mentioned here. We’re currently working on a large scale new version of our APIs, V3. As part of that, our goal is to mostly leave current V1/V2 endpoints as they are and focus on the future. Our V1 and V2 endpoints are certainly inconsistent at times and not always fully documented, so we appreciate your patience with us as we make things better. The good news is the V3 project has been coming along great internally and we are approaching the launch next quarter shortly (and even have some endpoints currently being used in alpha). We will never be perfect, but hopefully the V3 endpoints will solve many of these issues!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Additionally, if you’re interested in exploring our back in stock or front end subscription APIs, please find links to the relevant guides from our API Overview page.