New text formatting

Badge +3

Am I the only one that finds the new position of the text formatting box absolutely maddening?  Why did it have to be moved from the side?.  I am finding the process of creating an email mind numbingly frustrating, so much that I have stopped what I am doing to write this.

How it is possible to edit an existing text without the newly positioned formatting box jumping all over the text I am trying to write? I honestly am this close to leaving Klaviyo especially after some of the other unfriendly changes...

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi, could you paste a screenshot of the editor you’re referring to? When editing text in campaign or flow emails?

Badge +3

Thank you saulblum, I am very happy to provide it.

I was working in Campaigns.  Coming back to it today, for whatever reason the process is working better (maybe it’s me) although I am still at a loss why you would make such a change.  Despite the slightly better experience it is still frustrating.

If Klaviyo is committed to it, which I presume you are, at least make the formatting interface moveable and fixable in a location of my choice so I have control over it’s location to suit my needs  and I know where it will always be.  That is, intuitive for me!

In summary - I HAVE to double click text to have access to text.  I can’t just highlight a sentence to delete or alter it. 

Moving the cursor, the interface can also just disappear until I double click. 

If I want to copy text from one area to another, immediately adjacent, it potentially hides the other text region.  

I can also often can run my cursor over it and it shifts location. Its like it is dodging around while I try and locate it!

The photo shows me one of the more maddening experiences when it sits over a headline.  I know I have to click outside the area to clear it but it’s a poor UX. 

Hope this is clear.  I will provide a video if you need more but, in the end, giving me some level of control of its location and stability will solve everything.