Solved

Profile subscription for email

• 6 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

HI!

Some time ago I created over 10 000 profiles in Klaviyo and then put them into different lists, I was using Klaviyo API for that. Now I want to iterate over each profile and change their Email from “Never subscribed” to “Subscribed”, based on my own parameters from my own database. I do not want to add existing profiles to other lists, I just want to change the email subscription status. How can I do that, which endpoint should I use?

icon

Best answer by KeviSunshine 6 November 2023, 15:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey @saittam check out the Subscribe Profiles endpoint: https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/reference/subscribe_profiles.

This is the one Klaviyo recommends for this operation.

It is recommended that you use the Subscribe Profiles endpoint if you're trying to give a profile consent to receive email marketing, SMS marketing, or both.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Badge

But in your given endpoint I still need to give the extra parameter “relationships” which then add the profile into specified list, I do not need that. My one and the only goal is just to give a profile consent to receive email marketing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @saittam!

At this time, there isn’t an API endpoint that allows you to only change the consent status - that said, you could just use the endpoint that @KeviSunshine suggested and specify the list that they’re already subscribed to. I’d also recommend ensuring that the list is set to single opt-in before attempting this.

Best,

Brian