Question

toastNotification.errorMessages.fcm_unspecified_error when sending an Android notification

• 4 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hey, I get a following error: `toastNotification.errorMessages.fcm_unspecified_error` when trying to send an Android notification through Klaviyo dashboard.

I’m using react-native (0.73.6) and klaviyo-react-native-sdk (0.3.1). I’ve integrated also @react-native-firebase/app (19.1.1) and @react-native-firebase/messaging (19.1.1). I can send iOS notifications both from Firebase Console and Klaviyo Console (using APNS tokens). When it comes to Android I can only send notifications from Firebase Console. Trying to send them through Klaviyo I get an error above. Android notifications are enabled in Klaviyo. The error message does not help. It looks like a FCM unspecified error:

However, it’d be weird, cause I can send notifications from Firebase using the same FCM token. Any idea what can be the reason?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @jsaleniuk!

Let me check on this internally and I’ll update the thread ASAP!

Best,

Brian

Badge

@Brian Turcotte any update here? Would you need anything else from my side to help you investigate the issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @jsaleniuk!

My apologies for the delay here! I’m still checking on this - I haven’t forgot! 😁

- Brian

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @jsaleniuk ! This issue could be due to a variety of issues, so it’s hard to tell without more information. However, I can try to point you in the right direction.

1. Can you confirm that you’ve uploaded the correct file for the google service account key and that it has all of the right permissions? This guide should walk you through all of the necessary steps to ensure your key has the right permissions and you’re uploading the right file.
  2. Can you confirm that the token is linked to a profile in Klaviyo? If not, the send will fail.
  3. Is the token that you’re using for the same version of your app for which uploaded credentials in Klaviyo? Some people have run into issues when they try to use a token from a test version of an app but have their production credentials in Klaviyo. Look at the sender ID mismatch error here for more context.
  4. This error looks like it’s happening when you send a preview notification. Have you tried sending an actual campaign to a this device? If it fails when you do, you can look under Recipient Activity > Skipped for the campaign, and you should be able to see more details for the most common errors. Some errors are bucketed under a generic “unable to send” message, so let us know if you still can’t see any more information.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,

Mark