Solved

View Item Payload to link Products to Catalog?

• 15 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey There, 

I was wondering what the payload would need to be to link an event (view product/add to cart) to a catalog item like this.

Currently I get the JSON for View Content/Add to Cart (which is fine), but i would be good to also have the visual representation of the product in the catalog. 

Thanks

Chris 

icon

Best answer by chrisB 28 May 2024, 14:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @chrisB,

You can put a link to an image or a link to your product in the JSON, but Klaviyo doesn’t support any advanced event viewing features like this. I wish they did!

I think being able to choose a custom icon like you suggested in the other thread would be brilliant.

I really wish there was more configuration you could do at the event level in Klaviyo.

Best,

Kevin.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@KeviSunshine 

I have the JSON structure lined up on the payload (with an image array), which is all good. I think there is a specific payload that triggers the link to display this (which is why it works with the native shopify integration).

Ive dug through the payload for the events that have the catalog items displayed, but i cant figure out the structure needed, so it might be something to do with a server process (but im hoping not).

PS - i would like to be able to send an icon, even if it was the favcon, it would help with identifying traffic so much :) double love if you could set anything :)

please KL

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Oh I didn’t realize that was a real screenshot – I thought you made a mock up. I don’t use any built-in integrations so I’ve never seen this before

Now I’m curious!

If Shopify’s integration can do it, can we API users do it?! Please KL :P

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@KeviSunshine 

yeah thats a screenshot from the Shopify Integration, so its def supported just need to figure out the structure and it should be good to go :)

on a side note, if we are talking about what Klaviyo should build, they really should build a wishlist module… you could then use the data in Email flows… that would kill it, the mix is sooo wowful that im building my own (begrudgingly)

Badge

I have been digging a way for us to connect events and products through the api, but there isn't good docs on it.
Seems like if you replicate the sample events they should link, but it's really weird. Feels like custom integrations are have unconnected catalogs and events

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I have been digging a way for us to connect events and products through the api, but there isn't good docs on it.
Seems like if you replicate the sample events they should link, but it's really weird. Feels like custom integrations are have unconnected catalogs and events

Yeah i hear you, I dug through a little bit and couldn't find anything that make sense. 

I get the feeling that the app’s have access to the catalog, whereas events via API don’t have access to it. Prob a workaround if you pull apart the pixel, but prefer guidance from the KL team