Solved

Why isn't my 'notify me when back in stock' button popping up/working anymore (Shopify)?

• 11 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

As above, I’ve no idea why it’s not working and I don’t know when it stopped working. 

Any Ideas why or what could could be causing this?

Help fixing it would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Nick 

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 16 July 2023, 23:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Coinick!

Did you recently change anything on your Shopify store, such as the theme or design files? Also, by not working, do you mean that it doesn’t appear at all, or nothing happens when you click it?

If it’s not appearing at all, I would suggest reading this Community thread:

If it’s there, but nothing happens when you click it, then I would suggest this thread:

I think it would be helpful for myself and other Community members to understand the issue better if you would be willing to provide a little more information about what exactly changed/broke, with screenshots if applicable.

Best,

Brian

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @Coinick 

In addition to @Brian Turcotte helpful responses, I too have experienced this and it has been to do with a Shopify update in the theme, where when you land on the Product Detail page and a variant is out of stock, the Back In Stock functionality it is not visible, because the out of stock variant is not selectable.

This may not be your issue, but I wanted to let you know this is being experienced and I am yet to solve for this. And as it is a Shopify issue (OoS variant not selectable), I wanted to assure that in this instance it is not a Klaviyo issue.

I hope this helps 

Kylie

Badge +1

Hello @Brian Turcotte & @Kylie W.

Thank you for your helpful responses. I’ve only just seen this, I wasn’t notified of the responses. 

To answer your question, yes I have recently made changes to my theme. I have added a new home page design, and so had to re-select elements for my product pages. However, when I check my code, I can see the Klaviyo snippet is there.

By ‘not working’ I mean that it isn’t popping up when it is selected. It appears on my product page but isn’t functional. 

If you navigate to this product, you will see what I mean.

It sounds like it might be the same issue @Kylie W is facing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Coinick,

The back-in-stock functionality is only supported for Shopify stores using free themes, and not custom themes. This is because the style and functional code of custom themes may interfere with the BIS functionality in ways that can not be remedied from Klaviyo’s end. 

Per @Kylie W’s point, since this involves a custom theme, it may require the help of developer - if you’re interested, you’re always welcome to reach out to one of our wonderful Official Klaviyo Partners for custom development help.

Best,

Brian Turcotte