Solved

Issues with tag code disappearing and copy/pasting not working in text blocks

• 10 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • Active Contributor I
  • 14 replies

I’m having an issue where I’m writing conditional tags in the visual email editor, but then the tags disappear after I preview the email, then switch back to the visual editor.

tags show in source code but not in visual editor

I’m also having an issue with copying and pasting into the visual editor not working. See example video here: https://app.screencast.com/eOfbdsNmNdoXr

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 15 May 2024, 17:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @jesseb 

Thanks for reaching out for help with your email template.

This may seem like a silly question but are you saving the template before previewing? There have been instances of this happening when the template hasn’t been saved first, it will revert back to what it was without the tag.

As for the copy and paste not working, I need to ask someone who has more experience with updating source codes. I will let you know what I find!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

This may seem like a silly question but are you saving the template before previewing? There have been instances of this happening when the template hasn’t been saved first, it will revert back to what it was without the tag.

The template is definitely being saved because the conditional tags are working. The conditional tag code shows under the source code view, however, it just doesn’t show in the visual editor.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @jesseb

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

-Taylor 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hey @Taylor Tarpley, yes this still seems to be an issue.