Solved

Template tags and property colors

• 17 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi all, 

So I need to send the emails in different languages, so when I have changed the text on what the property, such as Unsubscribe and web view needs to display, the color of the text can not be changed. It shows up all in same color when I set up the email, but when I preview or send out, only that part is in different color. 

Any ideas on how to fix this?

icon

Best answer by David To 18 October 2022, 19:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Ieva,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

I’d suggest taking a look into the Community posts below that go over a similar subject:

Essentially, you should be able override those hyperlink coloring by wrapping them within an <a href></a> tag similar to what is mentioned in the How to Add an Unsubscribe Link to Klaviyo Emails Help Center article. So something like the following will override the hyperlinked text to black: <a href ="{% unsubscribe_link %}" style="color: #000000 !important;">Unsubscribe</a>.

I hope this helps!

David 

Badge +2

Hi @David To 

Thanks, but unfortunately that doesn't work for me :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Ieva,

Looks like you made error that @wernstrom did in the previously provided How to change link text color on NEW email template Community post. Seems like you’re actually using the default  web view variable as opposed to the one that generates a link/URL. This means you’ll want to use {% web_view_link %} to create this hyperlink experience.  

You can also find more details on the different forms of variable tags for their specific use case from our Guide to Template Tags and Variable Syntax Help Center article.

David