Solved

Why Are My Emails Going to Spam in Outlook?

• 2 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +3
  • Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hi,

Our emails have a deliverability rate of 99.9% & 0% spam complaints however we have noticed that the emails go into spam folder for Outlook. Can someone help us with this?

Thanks,

Raks

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 2 September 2021, 21:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Raks

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! We are very happy to have you here! 

Monitoring Email Deliverability is very important aspect of ensuring your campaigns are performing well and hitting your customer’s inboxes! It’s best practice to evaluate Open, Click Bounced, and especially Spam rates to see if anything is askew or future sending strategies need to be alter in order to raise or decrease a certain rate. 

Sadly, we don’t have insight into why your emails are being placed where they are, so I can’t give you a clear answer why this happened. An inbox provider, at most, will tell Klaviyo if they are accepting the email or not. Inbox providers look at a number of identifiers to determine where to place your emails. This includes open and click rates, unsubscribes, spam complaints, etc and these methods for how inbox providers determine the placement of your emails aren't public.

I have heard that Outlook especially is getting stricter with alignment requirements - that is the alignment between the from-address domain and the sending domain. If you have not already done so, I would recommend considering  Changing Your Sender Address or setting up a Dedicated Sending Domain. This will build your reputation as a trustworthy sender and can lessen your chances of ending up in the Spam Folder. 

Additionally I would recommend checking out this Community Forum Post on Why Emails are Going to Spam and why Reducing Spam Complaint Rates is important!

Thanks for being a part of our Community! 

Best,

Taylor 

HI there, 

I have the same issue, all my users recieve the emails in the inbox but only hotmail / outlook users get my Klaviyo emails to their trash. Did you manage to fix this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Shaiaiai

As mentioned above, Klaviyo don’t have insight into why your emails are being placed or control over it.

However, we do have best practices we recommend that do help build your sender reputation that I linked above and I’d suggest checking them out! 

-Taylor